Chapter 26

"...and that's all. Thank you." Jisoo finished off their presentation with a closing line. Jungkook and Jennie clapped in unison along with the other students.

"Good job." Professor Namjoon said with a beam. Looks like they did better than ever.

After the end of their classes, Jisoo excitedly walked out with her friends.

"Phew it's finally done." Jisoo said.

"Yeah. I felt so good after my turn ended. Presentation sucks tbh." Jennie said.

"I think we did well."

Jungkook was especially the quietest today. Jennie went off alone as she had some work to do. As per Jungkook's request, they were now on the way to where he wanted to go.

"Umm.. Jungkook?" Jisoo finally gathered courage to ask him as he wasn't speaking much other than in presentation.

"Yeah?"

"Where are we going?"

"Ah.. sorry for asking you out...I mean I hope I didn't messed up your day or something."

"Are you sick somewhere?"

"Um..no."

Jisoo sighed. She waited for him to speak more but that was it. His words were incomplete. Something was different about him today. He was wearing a black t-shirt rather than his regular outfits. Jungkook and Jisoo walked towards the bus stop. Jisoo wanted to eat something but it seems like Jungkook was totally lost. It was 3:00 pm when the bus arrived. Jungkook followed Jisoo inside the bus. They sat in the last seat. The sun was on their side of their seat. Jungkook took the initiative to sit closer to the window. They didn't talked anything until they reached their stop. Jisoo was surprised to see where they were. But she was kind of expecting it. The look on his face clearly stated everything. And the outfit of course. Jisoo looked at Jungkook. "Is this where you wanted to be?" Jisoo asked.

"Yeah." Jungkook said as he made his way inside the cemetery.

°°°

Meanwhile,

Irene slammed the papers on her desk as she came straight out of chief's room.

"Sunbae, are you okay?" Miyeon asked worried. Irene was really furious.

"I can't believe him."

"What happened now?"

"He wants me to close the case."

"But why, sunbae?"

"Of course because they think we are not doing any good. Why look for a person who was never reported missing? That's what he demands."

"But we don't know anything yet."

"That's what. I wanna just- anyways where's he?"

"Who?"

"The new guy..what was his name?"

"Seungmin?"

"Yeah. When is he coming?"

"Next week."

"Ugh"

"Sunbae, calm down. At least chief is happy that we caught the thugs."

"I really doubt. Uh..that reminds me..I have to end that case too."

"Cheif is really cruel. You don't look so good today. Are you really not sick?"

"No, I'm not."

Irene looked at the clock striking away.

"Tomorrow." Irene said. " We are going there. Taehyung's parents home. Both. Looks like we have to do a background search in the arson case too. Secretly."

"Okay. What about Yoongi?"

"Call that Seungmin guy. Tell him to report me about Min Yoongi's activities."

"Okay!"

Irene went to her desk and took out a bunch of documents. She has always been acting on impulse. One would thought, why is she so serious? Even when no one asked. Irene would snap back, 'did I asked you?' she is one violent woman when she is serious. But there she hides her real personality. Just a normal person trying to forget something unforgettable as much as possible.

Shoot!