Chapter 28

3rd person POV

Jisoo returned home pretty late at night. While still shocked at the relevance that ghosts might actually exist actually, Jisoo was unable to concentrate on Irene who ran into her the moment she unlocked the door.

"Jisoo... JISOOOOO!!"

"Irene unnie..."

"You came...you came." Irene muttered as tears slowly ran down her cheeks.

"Unnie why are you crying?"

"Nothing...I-" she paused to wipe her face. "I met Jin today."

"What? You met oppa? Where?"

Irene was hid the wound with a towel as she took Jisoo inside.

"I will tell you. Let's go in."

"Wait.."

"Hmm?"

"Why are you crying?" Jisoo asked. "Don't tell me- HOW DARE HE HURT MY UNNIE?"

"what?"

"It's Jin oppa right? I will teach him a lesson-"

"Wait its not like that..." Irene muttered. "He didn't do anything."

"Then?" Jisoo narrowed her eyes. Irene chuckled at Jisoo's expression.

"Wow. I can't believe you. Are you really taking my brother's side now?" Jisoo pouted.

"Just listen. So the first meeting was not as pleasing as I thought it would turn to be."

Irene began narrating her story as Jisoo listened eagerly.

The day was shining just like any other day.
Irene was working in one of her cases but then she happened to hurt her hand during the knockout. It was bleeding profusely, she was advised to see a doctor.  Coincidentally the doctor turns out to be ex. She was taking the elevator to the third floor when the door opened revealing her ex.

He was shining like a star . The moment she recognised him, he melt her heart into two.

Help. He saw her. She saw him. She thought it was over even before it started.

"What the- he looks still the same." Irene face went red.

What are you supposed to do at that moment? There are probably three options. First: Run away. Second: Ignore his entire existence. Third: Act like a fool.

Irene really had to the third option. She didn't really had any choice. Jin's mesmerizing visuals were enough to make her fall in love with him once again. She couldn't help but stare at his extreme jawline followed by his sexy collarbones. She never knew that doctors could become this sexy. It was probably one of Jin's special quality that made her fall in love.

The moment didn't last long. The two shared eye contact for a long time. That little moment was enough to remind the two of them of their past years. Irene forgot to step inside the elevator so when she decided to get inside it closed right on her face.

"Huh?"

"Let's just take the stairs." She said and run towards it. But when she reached the stairs, the second elevator opened. She took a few seconds to decide the fastest way to reach the third floor. So by the time she decided for the elevator, the door closed right before she entered.

Irene was smiling in pain.

"What the freaking heck?" In the end, the stairs were the last option. She still had another surprise waiting for her though.