Chapter 13

3rd person POV

"What?" Kim Jisoo gasped, staring at Taehyung's face until he finally let his words out.

"Jisoo-ssi, thank you for taking care of me all this time from the beginning. I appreciate your help but now I don't want to disturb you anymore."

"I don't understand.." jisoo finally muttured after a close inspection on him, his eyes weren't lying.

"I have someone...Jisoo-ssi.. someone who can take better care of me."

"And may I know who is that person?"

Jisoo knew that apart from herself there was no one for Taehyung before who could help him in anyway. But when he mentioned that he have someone for taking care of him, a sudden pain of disappointment hit Jisoo right on the middle spot of her heart.

"You don't know her...Jisoo-ssi... let's just drop the topic here."

"I'm not here for any topics, Taehyung-ssi...I thought I was the only one in your life.. right now.." Jisoo gasped when she herself couldn't believe what she just said. "Wait that's not what I meant-"

"It's fine..I know what you mean. Think about all the time you wasted because of me..when we aren't even close with each other.."

"What are you saying? We literally became friends that day.." Jisoo said trying her best to keep him away from all sorts of negative thoughts he was spitting out right now.

"But is there really reason for us to stay together?"

"Well.."

"See there you don't have an answer for that. We aren't meant to be with each other."

"But why?"

"Ask yourself...Jisoo-ssi. What could be the reason?"

"Do we really need a reason?"

"Of course..there's a reason for everything. Right now, I want to seek the most important question of my life. That is my existence..Who am I? What am I doing here? Why was I involved in an accident? What was I supposed to do if I didn't had any of these misfortunes? Why didn't I died when I was severely injured? I want to know everything. I need to know them, Jisoo-ssi. I can't live with all these mysteries. I hope you can get what I'm trying to say right now." He said catching his breath once he was done speaking.

"I understand, Taehyung-ssi..I know what you are trying to do. But you can't just suddenly leave alone like that. This things take time. Before that you need to get well. We can take police's help later."

"Police won't help with anything. Most of them are corrupt and i don't trust them. I will do everything on my own."

"I don't think that's a good idea right now. You have to take care of yourself. We can both do that together."

"If you do everything for me then what about you?"

"..."

"See.. because of me..you haven't been taking care of yourself." He said softly closing the gap between the two. Jisoo didn't moved when Taehyung slightly touched her head and ruffled her messed up hair. "You don't have to do anything for a nobody like me."

"Taehyung-ssi..you don't understand.." Jisoo said edging forward.

"Please?" Taehyung pleaded which made Jisoo stop in her tracks. Why? Why was he acting like this?

"Why are you doing this?"

"Something smells nice." Taehyung said as he lean down sniffing also trying to avoid her question at the same time.