Chapter 9

Taehyung's POV

"What? When am I getting discharged?" I spitted out the drink as soon as I heard her. I was glad that it didn't fell right on her face. She quickly gets me a box of tissue to clean the wet blanket.

"Yeah, the doctor said that you are getting better so maybe next week you will be discharged." Jisoo said handing me a sandwich.

"Ah." I sighed a breath of relief thinking that I still have one week at least.

"Does your head hurts a lot?" She asked in a worried tone.

"It does sometimes."

"Doctor said that you have to take rest, most probably two months. You can't be working in that time period."

"Oh." I don't know what to say anything after that. I should have died that night because the stress I'm getting from it is almost killing me.

"But you can't stay here. This place isn't that better for you. A home is a perfect place to get better."

"But I don't have one." I said softly not enough for her to hear it.

"What are you planning to do after getting discharged?"

"I haven't given a thought yet." Now that I think, I didn't actually did. What am I going to do, how will live and what will actually happen to me?

"I see." She said

I looked at her and paused when I noticed a lock of hair hiding her beautiful eyes as she looks at her phone intently. I wanted to pushed it behind her ears but that is when our eyes met. Those hazel brown eyes somehow made my heart skip many beats everytime I looked at her. It was sad and I don't know why I get this feeling. The feeling of melancholy that I can't explain.

"You look sad.." I don't know why I said that when it was me feeling dejected over my life these days.

"Do I?" She cupped her face making my heart skipped a bit.

"Let's get down to business. Don't you have any job or something? Why are you here most of the time?" I said furrowing my eyebrows.

"No, I'm still in the senior year of university."

"What?"

"Why?"

"I thought you worked at some company."

"No way. If I were that rich, I wouldn't have work in several part time jobs."

"Then..how did you-"

"You ask too many questions." Jisoo said trying to get rid of the crust from the corner of my lips. Our eyes met again and we looked away as soon as realisation hit us. Jisoo excused herself with the excuse of part time jobs and I watched her close the door behind as she hurries to get out.

Jisoo's POV

"What just happened?" Weird thoughts were getting on my head.
Seriously why did I touched his lips just now?  I couldn't stop but curse myself out of embarassment.

"Nope, this is not the time to think about that." I said to comfort myself.

I have two part time jobs today. One that is in the convenience store and other one is in the library. I can't really let down my boss at the convenience store who is sometimes strict but good at heart. I checked the time. I wasn't late but first I have to go back to my apartment to sort out some things.

As soon as I reached my apartment street, I noticed a familiar figure waiting outside the gate. My instinct just told me that the person was probably waiting for me.

"Doyoung?" I called him out.

"Oh Jisoo, you are here.." he said as he scratches his forehead. Things have gone way too awkward ever since he started dating Seulgi.

I invited him inside at my place rather than chatting out in the streets. I opened the door as he follows me from behind.

"Should I bring the gingseng?" I asked
Hee usually drinks that herbal tea whenever he comes over at my place. I still remember when he used to brag about one of his hiking experience and accidentally found a rare gingseng in the mountains. Guess what, he was lucky ever since he was born.

"Ah I don't drink that gingseng tea anymore. Coffee will do." He said casually. I was surprised by his sudden words and the fact that he asked for a coffee instead made me feel as if I never knew this person before. As per as I remembered, Doyoung never liked coffee because of its bitter taste.

"I didn't know you like coffee now."

"My brothers at army camp made me drink this stuff. As time passed I really got addicted to this."

"Oh." I almost forgot that he returned from military a month ago.

After I brought him some coffee, he looked up at me as he sips his drink.

"Jisoo, I want to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Jisoo, I'm really sorry. Actually, I never liked you before. The truth is I like Seulgi. To be honest, I was confused between you two. I thought I liked you but after spending time with Seulgi, I realised how much I liked her from the first time I saw her."

"I hope you aren't angry with me. It was me who asked you out first. You didn't fell for me right?" He said trying to get a reaction from me. I stood there still listening to his apology.

I don't know why but I didn't feel a thing after hearing his confession. Rather than that I somehow felt betrayed. I'm not a toy that he will play for a while and then will throw it as soon as he realises that I'm not the one. And how can he be so straightforward to directly confess to me? Why? I didn't even gave the answer to his first confession?

"Jisoo?" He called me two more times before I snap out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"I will leave now."

"Where are you going?"

"I have a date with Seulgi. And Jisoo.."

"What else?"

"It's better if we don't hang out anymore you know...I don't want any rumours to get hurt you. But we are still friends right?"

Does that make sense? I can't believe this guy anymore. He is dumb but I'm more dumb to forgive him. With a plastic smile on my face I said, " It's fine. Go enjoy your date with Seulgi."

"Really? You are so kind, Jisoo. That's the Jisoo I know."

And that's not the Doyoung I knew.

Since he is a close friend of mine from the past I decided to let him ago. It's okay to make mistakes because everyone does. Even I did.

After he left I turned the knob to lock the door and then went directly to my bedroom. I looked around and what caught my eyes was a dusty box located far away in the wardrobe. I reached out for the box which was in the upper shelf of the wardrobe. The box, quite sorrounded by millions of dust was something I always avoided. I sneezed as I tried to get rid of the dust with a cloth.

The box contained some of the memories from my past. I was supposed throw them out long ago but because of my messed up schedule I couldn't. I wonder why I kept them for so long and I finally decided to burn it today. As planned I took them to the rooftop where I noticed a person smoking by the railing. He wasn't exactly smoking but some kind of white smoke kept coming sorrounding him as if he was an angel! Out of my curiosity, I called the person.

"Excuse me?" He didn't heard me at first. The next time I called him he turned around and my jaw dropped the second I saw him.

"You?"