chapter 37

Irene rushes off to the site where an accident took place few hours ago.

"Is it too bad?" Irene asked the policeman on the spot who bowed to her as soon as she arrived.

"you may want to look into the details." he said.

Meanwhile,

it's already morning, Jisoo gets up early or as she thought.

"What the-" the clock striked nine and jisoo hurried to the dinning room.

"uri dongsaeng, did you had a good night sleep?" Jin asked with a big smile on his face that was way to suspicious for jisoo.

"what's the matter, oppa?" jisoo narrowed her eyes.

"nothing." he kept up the big smile and continued to burn the omlette.

"aish, I thought you were a good cook."

"I am!!" Jin said.

as the two siblings bickers with each other, taehyung arrives on the spot.

"huh?"

A while later, the three dining in silence. Finally Jin broke the silence as he couldn't keep up without talking.

"Ya, you seriously don't remember me? you, i really stayed up late just to check your condition. You were on your dead bed but blah blah blah!"

Taehyung chewed his rice staring at Jisoo for no reason.

"Ya, why you staring at my sister?"

"why can't I?"

"this brat-"

"oppa, stop." Jisoo said.

"where you going?"

"I'm done with breakfast!" Jisoo said showing her empty plate. Girl was really hungry.

"Um okay but what's the hurry?"

"I'm going uni-"

"I thought your term exams ended yesterday." Jin said.

Jisoo stops awkwardly at the doorstep.

Shit! Jisoo remembered then.

"I'm going to meet my friends.."

"Friends...as in?"

"Jennie and Jungkook ."

"Jennie?" Taehyung eyebrows raised when he heard the name.

"Jungkook? Who's that?" Jin asked but Jisoo already left.

Jisoo was clearly embarassed as walked on the pavements. She lied about going out with Jennie and Jungkook.

"Oh why did I?" She kept thinking about jisoo. She knew he was staring at her but something felt similar when he did.

"He doesn't even remembers me now." Jisoo thought.

She passed by the convenience store she  used to work. As soon as she entered, she noticed Dahyun working as usual.

"Omo, unniee!!"

"hey, dahyun-ah!"

"I thought I would never see you."

"We literally saw each other at college yesterday."

"Haha right although it was just a brief."

"Yeah, so how's everything here?"

"I'm doing fine. Oh the other day after you left we recruited a new employee."

"Really? Who is it?"

Jisoo said looking around. It was that moment, she felt something quite near her but didn't sensed when and how did it got towards her.

"It's me."

Jisoo looked behind to see Soyeon, the red dress girl who was now wearing a casual outfit in disguise.

"Did I ever met you before?"

"Nope."

"I see."

Soyeon brushed through her shoulders and reached the counter.

"Looks like everything is alright here."

"Yup, unnie prepare well for your finals. You don't have to worry about anything."

"Haha yeah." Jisoo said "why should I get worried, it's not my store anyways." Just then she remembered about Jungkook.

"Do you know where he is?"

"Who?"

Jisoo came back from the store and now seemed to be walking. It seemed like Jungkook isn't in convenience store although he sometimes works as a manager when her boss isn't around.

"Jennie is not picking her call either." Jisoo said. "But that doesn't mean I am going back. I have to save my face."

Thinking about how Taehyung seem to be in her new house gets ridiculous. On the top he doesn't even remembers her.

"Hey!"

Jisoo looked behind to see Soyeon smiling at her.

"I thought she hated me at the first sight." Jisoo thought.

"You left this behind."

"Huh?"

"I'm sure i wasn't carrying anything."

"Believe me, this is yours."

Jisoo was curious to see what it was. Huh? A pendant?

"It may help you..." Soyeon said. "Okay, bye!" And she just left.

"What was that?" Soyeon disappears before she could asked. "What am I even supposed to do with it?"

Jisoo was bored so she gets back to her home. Of course, it's holiday and the thing jisoo should be doing is sleeping till late. She secretly enters her home and was about to shut the door just then-

"What are you doing?" Taehyung said.

"Ah you startled me!" Jisoo screamed. To her relief her brother wasn't home.

"Why did you scream?"

"I didn't...okay!"

"Yeah." Taehyung said and just left. Suddenly he recieves a call.

"What??"

Jisoo was curious as to what he heard on the call.

"What happened?"

"Yoongi got in accident!"

"What??!!"