chapter 24

As Irene and Miyeon proceeds towards the mysterious warehouse in the middle of the deserted land behind the trees, the later remembers the moment when the owner of the land told them about the wooden house inside which the thugs would spend their nights sometimes and would often use it as a hideout. The people living there wouldn't dare tell anyone about them unless one of them actually complained to the police station and the rest is history. Irene realised that the thugs were still inside when she suddenly got a strong smell of tteokbokki. Miyeon gets little scared to open the door but ultimately gets determined to catch the criminals haunting the town.

They were almost nearer when the front door automatically opened revealing a bald man from the first episode. He stretched his hands and looked around. Irene and Miyeon quickly hid behind the trees but to Miyeon's bad luck she stepped on a twig alerting the man.

"Who's there?" He shouts and suddenly gets a glimpse of Irene coming out from the trees.

"That should be me asking that question." Irene said as Miyeon looked at her in horror.

"Sunbae..no.." Miyeon said.

"Miyeon, get ready." Irene said before she took out her gun and pointed at the goon who is strangely acting weird.

Irene shuffled her eyes as he was soon joined by four of its members. Without wasting any time, the two party got in a fight. Miyeon got out and joined Irene fighting the goons who were surprisingly too easy to handle.

Soon after they got hold of them, the police force came and took them away leaving Irene and her junior alone.

"That was easy..?!" Miyeon said catching her breath.

"I know." Irene said. "This only increases my hunch- ah."

"You are hurt." Miyeon said looking at Irene's injured hand.

"Uh..I don't think it hurts." Irene said still trying to be fine but Miyeon didn't let her have her way.

"Sunbae, go to hospital. I think you got scratched from a metal. Or else you will get infected."

"But-"

"Just go. I will handle everything." Miyeon said as the two gets in the car.

Meanwhile, Jisoo was on her way to home while thinking the conversation she had with Jin a while back. She couldn't help but think about the moment she regretted the most in her past. Soon the topic in her mind changed to Taehyung and at the same time, she found herself stop infront of the same café Taehyung worked as a part timer.

Jisoo looked inside of the café through the glass window as she pressed her face against it. Without thinking much, she continued to make her way to home.

Back to Irene's home, Jisoo remembered that she have been living with Irene for a while. After washing up, Jisoo made herself tteokbokki and searched for apartments yet again.

"The price is still the same." Jisoo mumbled while chewing tteokbokki.

As she was looking for her suitable apartments, Jisoo was startled when she heard the door bell. Jisoo opened the door to a upset minded Irene.

"Unnie, what happened to your hand?" Jisoo said as soon as she noticed her injured hand wrapped in bandage.

"Uh...this is nothing." Irene said as she shoved off Jisoo's hand. Jisoo tried to stop her but then Irene completely broke down. Jisoo was beyond surprised to see Irene break down all infront of her and asked her what happened. To that Irene didn't respond and went straight to her room. She shouted back to not disturb her before shutting the door completely. As Jisoo was still trying hard to find answers, her phone buzzed displaying a familiar name.

Jin.

°°°

Dusk had fallen when the dark haired Min Yoongi walked out of the exit gate of the busy city airport.

"I'm finally here." He said as he noticed his guards approaching him.

"Welcome back sir. Here's your schedule " A girl in her early twenties said who happens to be his personal assistant.

"Hmm. I don't think I need this for a while."

"Why sir?"

"I'm just back..what are you all expecting from me. To work again?"

"But sir-"

"No no..I'm first meeting my best friend and then-"

"I'm afraid that's not possible sir.."

"What are you saying?"

"Sir, he is missing. Or most probably dead somewhere."

"What??"

A/N I updated twice today :) but I don't think it is good as expected. Hope it's still fine.