Chapter 5- the talk

*Edited*

-jaylen POV-

    Stepping outside I breath deeply as the air hits my lungs. I sat on the porch looking out into the yard just thinking about life. Thinking about what happened to me as a kid.

       Just thinking about it makes me feel lots of emotions to say the least I'd probably be in a ditch somewhere if my dad didn't find me when he did.

   Here's a little backstory about myself. When I was 12 I was left to fend for myself on the streets in the middle of nowhere. I had been by myself, scavenging trying to survive on scraps of food I'd find in the trash.

A couple of months had past before a black tinted car stopped in front of me. A man stepped out of that car, expensive suits, nice shoes, and a look that could kill. That man took me in and adopted me and my best friend.

He is now my father, luke, Thomas, had a similar backstory to me. So in some sick way we know how it feels to be left alone with no one. You may be asking about my adoptive mother. Well I don't have one.

Luke was married but she passed away, cancer took her from him. Her last wish was for him to find a family and move on with another woman. He found family but not a woman to make home complete again.

He says he had his time with his soulmate and no one could possibly replace her. Not even for pleasure. I often think If I have a soulmate somewhere just waiting for me to find them.       

        Breathing in the air once again I hear the door close. I look up and it's Thomas. He sat besides me as if he knew what I was thinking. He's not really the type to open up after what has happened to him, I understand because I know what he went through I lived it.

He smiles and asks the question I have been dreading since I got here. "What's wrong?" I look over my shoulder to see that he actually seems worried. What am I supposed to say?

      Sighing I begin to explain how Abby and Sonia have been acting like total assholes all the way up to the point where I met the boy. Smiling sadly he says "Sounds to me like you need new friends. And from what you just told me it sounds like this kid has feelings for you. He may not know it but he does."

I blush slightly wondering if the boy thinks about me the way I think of him. Yea I may act like a bitch but deep down I'm still the same 12 year old girl. Scared of what would happen if I ever found someone that loves me with all my emotional baggage.

The silence was comforting till my best friend spoke again "Listen we both know why you haven't made a move, hell I wouldn't either, but he seems as broken as you are. Deep down in that dark soul of yours you are crushing on that dork. Now I'm not going to give you and him the talk . Not yet at least." He gets up and walks back inside.

I smile at the thought of Thomas trying to intimidate the boy. Although me and Thomas aren't related by blood we do share some similarities. Like our grey eyes, dark hair and smile. Some might say we're long lost siblings. Now that's a whole other conversation we're going to save for later because we really don't think of each other as siblings more as bffs

I look down at my feet processing what Thomas had just said. Did I like the boy? Or was it just it knowing he's going through the same thing I did that made me feel some sort of attraction to the boy. Maybe Thomas was right and I was just scared to admit I feel something for the boy. Even if it was a small crush I did feel something for him.

————————————————————————

-Parker pov-

It's been a few days since jaylen left back to her dads house. Although I didn't know her all that well I did worry about her a little. Under all that bad girl facade I just see someone that's broken beyond repair.

Could I help her fix her broken heart? I wouldn't know because I'm to scared to say hey jaylen yeah I definitely have a crush on you. That's a lame way of putting it. Did she even see me as a friend? She wouldn't give me her number if she didn't right?

As I walk back to my car I felt arms on my shoulder. I instantly jumped and turned around. It was jaylens friends. I look at them with questioning eyes as to why they are stopping me from going home to my beloved bed. One of them spoke first " sup kid, do you know where jay is by any chance."

I assumed she was talking about jaylen so I shook my head telling her I didn't even tho I did. That's when the other one spoke "he's lying" shit. How do they know I'm lying.

The other girl who asked if I knew where jaylen was said " leave the kid alone Abby it's obviously jaylen went on another one of her benders." Benders? What's that mean? I spoke for the first time since they started talking to me " what do you mean by that?"

The girl, Abby looked at me and explained " yea well sometimes jay just disappears for days on end without telling anyone then comes back acting like nothing happened" now I understood why jaylen didn't want me telling anyone where she went.

She understood they would automatically think that she went on a "bender" whatever that means. " come on Sonia it's obvious the kid doesn't know shit."

Abby stares me down before walking back to their car. Why did they not like me? I could tell that they got in an argument about me. But why? Did this mean jaylen defended me in-front of her friends because she cared about me?

————————————————————————

-jaylen POV-

I hate that I have to go back to school, I hate that I have to go home to see abby and Sonia after what they said about boy. During my stay at my dads house I realized I really didn't need abby and Sonia. They needed me more than I need them. So I could get ride of them whenever I want.

One slip up and they are out. I walk into the building they call school. Slowly but surly I make it to my locker. I open it to find a piece of paper and a new lighter. I open the paper and it read

- figured you could use a more eco friendly option.
-Parker :). -

I smiled as I read the note. This boy is going to be the death of me. I look at the lighter and it's finer details. It was black and white with little images of devil horns on it. Looks like he knows me more than I know him. I stuff it in my front pocket as I walk to class.

Maybe I should give the boy a gift to considering he gave me one right? I decide to sleep on it in class. Listen math is hard and it makes people like me tired ok.