Chapter 51- störm

-Thomas POV-

It's been two weeks since the incident. Jaylen has been in her room since she got discharged. I'm not really sure if she can speak yet or just doesn't want to. She's been trying to get back on her feet but every time she does she's tempted to overwork herself.

And Parker? Well same goes with him he never leaves his house. He no longer wanted to stay here since jaylen started to push him away again.

      Except this time she has a reason to she lost her baby and her voice in on day. They hardly ever spend time with each other and that's not good. Their starting to drift apart and I can't let that happen. I already failed Jaylen once by not being able to protect her and I'm not going to fail her again by letting her fuck up her relationship.

  You may be asking yourself what happened with alex. Yea well I tend to steer clear of him these days. My only focus right now is to find out what happened that day and who did it. I don't need any distractions and Alex is one.

      I know he just wants to comfort me but I can't relax just yet knowing someone might try to hurt them again.

I walk up to Parker's house door not knocking. I just enter the house and see Parker sitting on his sofa with something in his hands. He doesn't look at me or talk to me. He just simply pretended I'm not here.

     Sitting across from him I notice what he has in his hands is a ring. We can talk about that later as soon as I find out what happened in the house the day I left. "What happened Parker" he stays silent twirling the ring in his hands.

     I can see the tears in his eyes forming as he relives the memories. He looks up at me with a dead stare "They made me watch" fucking shit. Now I understand why he's giving Jaylen space.

I don't say anything trying to process what he said even if the information wasn't much. Looking away Parker keeps talking "He called me out by name. They said it would fuck up the balance if me and her had a baby" so they know us. Someone close or just distant.

      How did they know about the baby or Parker's name. "They said I myself was a mistake" he looks down at the ring in his fingers.

        He holds it up to me and says "I thought I buried this ring the same day I buried my sister" ok this is getting dark quick.

     How did he get it if his sister is buried across the world. Like he could read my mind he answered my question "I found it on the floor after I came home, it's stupid really but I think Alana did this."

      But how she's in a mental hospital under supervision. He shakes his head lightly "they were her friends but they still caused this" who is he talking about.

As if on cue Parker gets of the sofa and walks into his basement. I doesn't have to tell me to follow him to know he wants me to. The basement is dark and full of dust.

      I can make out the shadows of chains hanging from the celling, and two chairs. Parker turns on the light and what I see is Abby and Sonia tied to the chairs with tape over their mouths.

     What the fuck is this. I turn to Parker in confusion. He picks up a blade from the table and walks towards Abby ripping of the tape off her mouth he says "yell and I'll cut your throat out" holy shit.

     This isn't chase this is fully Parker. Is this what he was afraid of Jaylen seeing who he truly is? "Tell him" he orders Abby to speak tears streaming from her eyes.

      "Please, I didn't think he would go that far just let us go we won't talk" Parker seems unamused as she promises him she wouldn't talk.

They told. I get it now. They told Alana and Gabriel, Jaylen was pregnant. I step forward and ask why. Abby turns her head to Sonia who seems to be knocked out. "Gabriel promised us if we told him everything we knew about Jaylen he would give us a place to stay" but it doesn't make sense if they wanted to go after jaylens baby they would have attacked her outside of home but they also shot Parker. Motivations motivations what are they.