Chapter 20- sick

*Edited*

-jaylen POV-

       Once again I open my eyes and see Thomas sitting on the chair besides me. But the environment feels different it is different. I turn my head to look at him when I feel a cold item on my chest.

       I grab whatever it is and stare at it. It's the necklace I had given to Parker after he left my house weeks ago. I had told him it was a sign of commitment.

       I look back at Thomas "he knows" he knows? "But how? did you tell him" i ask with anger in my voice. Thomas shakes his head and says "the nurse slipped up"

      I turn back to continue staring at the celling as if it had changed. I didn't get to tell him myself. Is he mad? I hope not.

I breath in deeply and tell Thomas to give me his phone. He was hesitant at first but eventually he did. I type in Parker's number and press the call button.

      I still don't know what im going to tell him but I just need to hear his voice. His phone rings a couple of times before he picked up.

Parker: what do you want.

Jaylen: Parker.....

        His voice was deeper than usual and he didn't greet me like usual. He was angry and it sounded like he didn't want to talk. Although he probably assumed it was Thomas.

      I could hear as he relaxed hearing my voice. I didn't have to say anything before he says he's on his way. He hangs up without a goodbye.

       He's coming to see me and i look and feel like shit. I just hope it's not me who he's mad at. I hand Thomas his phone back and close my eyes for a second. I could feel myself drifting away into the darkness we call sleep.

      I don't know how long I was sleeping for but I can tell it was a while considering it was already dark in my room. I felt someone holding my hand. I turn over to see Parker laying his head on me.

      His breathing steady and slow. He looks even worst than me some might say. Playing with his hair for what seems like forever. Parker starts to stir. He lefts up his head and looks at me like it was the first time we met.

      We didn't speak for a while. It was clear we just needed each other. I start to tear up and began sobbing. Parker just got up and laid next to me. Holding me not having to say a word to know he was here for me. We eventually let the sleep and tiredness consume us.

——————————————————————

       I open my eyes to the light in my room being on. It must be morning again. I look around and realize Parker is no longer here. I felt a pang in my heart knowing he might have left.

      I hear my door open and walks in Thomas and my dad. They both look like death compared to me. I wait for one of them to speak. "Don't worry about what happened, we took care of it"

     I nodded knowing my dad was talking about what happened at the bar. We began a conversation it was going smoothly but was quickly interrupted.

      We all turn as Parker walks into the room with a duffle bag. He ignored both my fathers and Thomas as he walks to me.

     He smiles down looking at the necklace. I gave him one back. As he puts up the duffle bag on the bed he opens it and pulls out a McDonald's bag. "Here I know you don't like hospital food"

     I blush knowing he remembered our conversation about hospitals and how it brings back bad memories. As I sit up to start eating Parker pulls me to the edge of the bed and pulls out another item from the bag.

      I couldn't see what it was because I was facing away from him. I felt a liquid on my hair as I began eating. I didn't realize I was hungry till now. That certainly can't be good for the baby.

    As I continue eating I feel Parker brushing my hair as softly and gently as he can. My dad and Thomas watch this whole interaction with no words being spoken.

     I start to feel sick as I look down at the grease dripping from my burger. Parker must have noticed this because he stopped brushing my hair. He quickly put it into a braid and rushed to a trash can.

     I could taste the salt on my fries rising up in my throat. Parker pulls up the trash can to my and I throw up the disgusting thing called McDonald's. Gross.

He holds my braid back as I continue to throw up what I had just eaten. Parker holds up a glass of water to my mouth as I gladly take it. "You ok?" I nod my head.

       I start to feel weak and dizzy. I fall back before parker catches me. I could feel my body shaking as Thomas yells for a nurse