Chapter 17- just a water

-jaylen POV-

Flashback

    I stare down at the two little lines on the stick. I was pregnant with Parker's child. I look up at myself in the mirror and see what I dreaded to see a broken girl with no one by there side once again. I wanted to yell at the top of my lungs in pain. I pushed Parker away for his own good now I'm stuck with a child.

End of flashback

I hear a knock on the bathroom door. I wipe my tears and look at myself at the mirror once more hoping who ever was knocking didn't notice my bloodshot eyes and quivering lips. I open the door and see Abby. " hey baby what's wrong"

I shake my head and move past her to my room. I couldn't eat, I couldn't keep my eyes open for long, I couldn't help regretting pushing Parker away.

But I had to remind myself that it was for his own good. Aside from Alana threatening to tell Parker my secret, there's many more people who would hurt Parker physically if they knew I fell in love with him, if they knew he was my only weakness. I need to protect him from the fire in my world.

I needed to protect him from the people in My world. I felt a tear drip down my cheek as I lay in my bed. I haven't been to school since the day I broke things off with Parker. I couldn't go to school having to face him. I just couldn't.

I now take online classes so that way I have excuse to hide my pain to hide the fact that I'm pregnant. Although I'm unsure if I want to even keep the baby.

No one knows but they eventually will when my stomach starts growing and I stop wearing my crop tops. I hear a notification on my phone and it was Thomas wanting me to go see him at my dads bar downtown.

How could I explain why I wouldn't be drinking. I would have to tell Thomas. After all I tell him everything he's my best friend he would never judge me or my screw ups.

I let him know I'm on my way. As I walk out of my room I hear Sonia and Abby talking about me.

"Thank fuck she got ride of that idiot" I lean against the kitchen wall listening in on their conversation " yea but now she just spends her time being a bitch about it all the time. Fuck she's annoying" they were talking about me. How could they.

They're supposed to be my friends but then again I always knew they were just using me. I walk in the living room head up high and stare at them. "Hey babe-" I shake my head at Sonia trying to justify what I just overheard " I want you both out by the time I come back"

I didn't need them here if they're going to constantly shit on the stuff I do. They started to protest as I walk out of my house.

I look at the motorcycle but decided to go in my car. The drive was quiet and calm just how I like it. It was short lived as I reach my dads bar. I walk in and I'm greeted by loud noises and smoke.

I spot Thomas and I walk his way. " hey jay, I heard what happened" i know for a fact he was talking about Parker. I nodded my head and took a seat next to him.

The waiter walks up to us and asks us what we would like to drink. Thomas orders a bottle and I order a simple water. He gives me a weird look before telling the waiter that would be all for now. " what are you not telling me jay, because I know for a fact you don't drink water at a bar when you're like this"

I look down. "Thomas, Parker's mom threatened me, she said if I didn't stay away she'd tell Parker about me and the man in the alley" I completely ignored his question and he took notice. "Fuck, have you told dad about this, he could fix it you know"

I avoid his gaze as the waiter brings us our drinks. I breath in deeply as in about to tell Thomas. That's when gun shots ringing in my ears. Thomas pulls me down and takes out his gun. "Ready?"

I nod as I know what's about to happen. I take out my dagger from my jacket and swing at anyone who gets to close to me. The sounds of sirens can be heard in the distance.

My vision becomes blurry I could hear Thomas yelling out my name as I fall to the ground. "Jaylen..".

——————————————————————

-Thomas POV-

The shoot out lead to the cops being called. Ambulances showed up to take care of the wounded. I look down at jaylen to make sure she's ok and see that she has blood all over her. I look and look but I don't see a visible wound or a gunshot.

Fuck dads going to kill  me. I carry jaylen to the nearest ambulance. As I get in they start connecting her to all these devices. I dial my dads number "hello?"

I couldn't say a word as I look at jaylens pale body on the gurney being pulled into the hospital. "Dad.... It's jaylen"

I begin to explain what happened when I hear jaylen calling my name. She struggles to pull of the oxygen mask as she speaks. "Thomas, Thomas I'm pregnant Thomas" I'm in disbelief I watch as they pull her into the E.R. She began to seize as they put on the heart monitor.

She's pregnant. How far along is she? When did she find out? Why her? Numbing everything all my emotions. My best friend is hurting I can't do anything as she flatlines on the hospital bed.

"1 2 3 CLEAR"

I watch as the doctor struggles to understand why jaylen keeps flatlining. I don't understand. I grab one of the male nurses and slam him against the wall " why isn't she breathing... tell me why she isn't breathing!"

I yell at the top of my lungs. I couldn't let this happen not to her. She couldn't leave me alone like my mother did. She just couldn't. "S-sire I-" he stuttered as I get pushed off the nurse.

All I see is red. I couldn't protect her. I look up to see my dad pinning me on the floor. "You need to calm down kid. It's going to be ok" I struggle against him as he pulls me into a bear hug. She might not make it and we both know it.

I see the doctor walking towards us as she says " the fetus has detached itself from the placenta. We have to operate on her now If we want the baby to survive" my dad lets me go out of shock.

He didn't know jaylen was pregnant but now he does. I look at the doctor and ask "how far along is she" I stare at jaylen in the room with tubes down her throat.

The doctor looks down at her chart and says "she approximately 3 weeks" Parker was the father of her child. I can't make this decision it's not mine not ours to make even if we're family.

But I know it would kill jaylen inside if they didn't do everything they could. I look back at the doctor who is awaiting our response " do it, if it comes down to her or the kid save her" I watch as my dad slides down on the wall.

    I walk outside so he could process that his daughter was having a child of her own even if she was a child herself. I light up a cigarette and start to think to myself.

Jaylen and I secretly made a pact that if we ever had to make a choice we would do what the other would have wanted.

I know jaylen is afraid of being like her own parents I know she's afraid she would abandon her baby. I know it because we've talked about it. But I want her to make the Choice if she wants to keep the baby or not.

As kids jaylen and I imagined a world where our family didn't let us down. A world where we were wanted and not a second option. We were lucky but many other kids weren't.

Jaylen doesn't like talking about what happened during her time in the street neither do I. We were lucky our dad found us when he did. I finish my cigarette and flick it to the side. I walk back inside and see that the nurses are prepping for the surgery. I hope I made the right decision.

————————————————————————

A/N: surprise surprise almost a full chapter in Thomas's POV. Lmk if y'all like it so I can write more in his POV. Don't forget to vote and comment.

-XxX