Chapter 12-family

-jaylen POV-

It's been a week. A Week since I've seen Parker. He had to go home and with his parents still out of town I really couldn't stop him. My dad forced me to come home to the house we have in the country side.

       Although me and my dad aren't in speaking terms he still wanted me home for spring break. I personally think it's stupid. Right know I could be playing video games with my boy instead of sulking all day out of Boredom.

"Hey jay wanna go shoot rabbits in the fields?" I don't say anything expecting Thomas to just leave after I ignore him. He just sat down next to me. "you really want to go see him that bad."

     I roll my eyes "he needs space and I'm giving him just that" he gives me a look " fine I do but I understand boundaries" he just nodded and had that face he got when he started thinking. This idiot is going to do something stupid I can just tell " whatever it is your thinking it's a no"

I get up and walk back in the house. Ignoring my father for the tenth time since I got here. He thinks I'm going to give in and talk to him but I'm not. He did raise me after all. I didn't deserve what he told me.

     Not after all I've done to help him and his organization as he calls it. "Jaylen stop this nonsense you must explain what happened" I glared at him as hard as I could " I tried to but you chose to listen to man who owes you money and repeatedly abused his only child"

      my father gave me a look of shame and regret "so it was about the boy" I just nod wanting out of this conversation. "Why don't you tell me why you went to their house in the first place" I glance back at Thomas hoping he'd help me out of this conversation.

All he did was gave me an encouraging nod to tell my father what actually happened. "Parker had called me crying" I hesitated to tell the man before me that Parker practically begged me to go to him.

     "When I walked in the house the boy was on the ground with that dumbass over him kicking the living shit out of him" the memory of what happened pissed me off even more rage and anger were starting to boil with in me. " so you're telling me Gabriel started betting the kid again?"

      I look at my father "Gabriel never stopped" I remembered the night Parker's mom called me to ask if I knew where he was. And when I did find him he had a busted lip. I began to explain to my father the whole situation and how I knew Parker.

      Ofc I didn't tell him that I took interest in the boy that would just strike up an unwanted conversation.

My father looks up nodding at my words "well then it seems like I owe you an apology Jaylen, I was wrong to believe Gabriel I'll handle this." I smiled and muttered a small thank you knowing my dad would do to Gabriel what he did to my boy.

——————————————————————

-Parker's POV-

It was currently 8 pm and some idiot was knocking on my front door like a maniac. "JESUS CHRIST IM GOING can you fuc-" as I open the door I regret every word I said.

     "Is this the proper way to yell at your soon-to-be brother in law" brother in law? Me and jaylen aren't dating " uh me and jaylen aren't dating" I repeated out loud.

       Thomas just chuckled "not yet at least. "I blushed lightly thinking about it. "can I ask Why you are here Thomas" he looked as if he just remembered why why was here " pack your bags you're coming with me."

        I gave him a confused look "why" he glared at me " look kid don't make this harder than it is" suddenly I got the balls to tell him " I'm not going anywhere with you unless you tell me where and why"