Chapter 23- darkness

-Thomas POV-

It's been a couple of days since jaylen got out of the hospital. She was given meds for the seizures. Parker was still staying at his friends house.

Through all of Jaylens protests he still didn't want to stay here. I mean I get it my father would have his head if something went wrong. And during all this time jaylen has been staying in her room all day only coming out when Parker visits.

      I know for a fact she's doing it on purpose just so she won't have to talk to us. But she will have to eventually we can't forget about the fact that Parker got her pregnant.

My dads absolutely upset that jaylen didn't talk to him about her issues with what happened with Parker's mom. My dad invited Parker for dinner just so he can catch him off guard and have a talk with both jay and him.

     A couple of minutes later there's a knock on the door. I get up to open it and it's Parker " you do know you don't have to knock you practically live here" I dead pan at him.

Which is true he could just open the door and that's it. He just shrugged and walked in. As he walks in jaylen runs downstairs and hugs Parker. I was so focused on Parker that I didn't notice he had a bag.

He hold it out to her and she takes it eagerly. She pulls out a tub of snickers ice cream. Parker walks in the kitchen and brings her a spoon. I smile at this interaction. I was right.

Parker will be good at being a father even if he doesn't see it. They both lay on the sofa as jaylen turns on the tv and puts on a movie. All Parker does is he brings Jaylens feet on his lap and begins rubbing circles.

    I don't want to ruin the vibe so I go and tell my dad Parker is already here for dinner. I walk into his office and tell him "Hey Parker is already here." He looks up from the computer and nods. As he gets up he asks " has Winston given you a report yet"

I shake my head. Winston hasn't been able to find jack shit on Parker. All his records from middle school and down were erased. There was no record of Parker Everett or his so called family.

Although my father did business with Parker's father he never got to deep for my dad to find out more about him.

    We began to set up the dinner table as my dad sets down all the food he's made. As Parker is about to sit in his usual seat next to jaylen my father says "no, today you sit next to me son"

Parker looks at jaylen with panicked eyes. He probably thinks my father is upset. Jaylen just nods and he begins to move to the seat next to my dad. As we start eating my fathers phone started to ring. "Excuse me children"

he walks out of the room only to come back 10 minutes later. He seems to have put his guard up as he walked back to sit. With that being said he began a conversation "so Parker where's your family from"

my dad glares at him eating Parker alive with just his eyes. The boy gulped and gave an answer "Sweden" he seems hesitant to give his answer.

My father nods and continues to eat. The conversation seemed to flow as the time went by. The next question my father asked stunted everyone including the person the question was directed to "so who's Lorain"

Parker tenses as he hears the name. He opened his more to speak but no words came out. "I-Im sorry I have to go" Parker begins to stumble to get up before my dad pulls out a gun and Aims it to his chest.

Jaylen ran and got in between the gun and Parker "get out of the way jaylen, he's going to answer my question and he's going to answer it now" Jaylen doesn't move "why you going to make me move?"

My dad gets angrier as the seconds pass and I know it. "I will if I have to" I move forward to intervene but my dad just shakes his head as a warning.

He got the report about Parker and whatever was in it must have startled my dad for him to be acting this way. " I'd like to see you try luke we both know I'll end you if I have to" my dad was taken aback by her words and so did I.

She rarely steps up to my father like this being because she has respect for him to a certain point. We all know jaylen could murder all of us in seconds if she wanted to. We have no control over what she does. She's unpredictable.

    I look back at Parker and once again I see his whole demeanor change as he watches this interaction with a gun still pointed to both him and Jaylen. His eyes darken his stance as confident as there can be.

Parker walks up and pulls Jaylen away. "You're delusional if you think you can point a gun to her" my dad takes notice of this change of demeanor in Parker but holds his ground.

    " I'm not going to ask you again kid, who's Lorain" Parker flinches like it was his first Time hearing my dad say this woman's name again.

Who ever Lorain was has an effect on Parker. "You don't get to say her name." My dad raises his gun higher from his chest to his head. Parker doesn't flinch not even a bit instead he steps closer to the gun grabbing it putting it directly on his forehead. "Do it, I dare you"

Jaylen watches as her lover boy challenges my dad to shoot. She has a mix of emotions in her eyes. Fear, anger, sadness, confusion. Before jaylen can intervene again we all turn our heads as a window breaks and smoke pours into the home.

We began to cough violently. My vision blurs as I watch Parker run to jaylen and attempts to shield her from the smoke but it was no use.

Next thing I know I feel a sharp pain In my neck as I see Parker drop first then Jaylen after my dad. I'm the last to fall before I watch as men move into the house and grab all three of them then me. Darkness consumes me as I wonder what just happened.