Chapter 43- devious

The moment was so nice till someone's phone started to ring. Damn whoever it is because Jaylen was the one to get up and go get the phone.

      Jay comes back holding my phone. I question who it is but she doesn't know. It's a unknown number. I guess. Answering  a woman's voice was heard.

Woman: hello

Parker: who's this

Woman: hi I'm calling from the hospital this number was listed as an emergency contact for alana Everett.

Parker: uh ok? How can I help you

Woman: miss and mr Everett were in an accident and we just wanted to let you know.

      I look down at the phone. In an accident? Hospital? I get up from the bath ignoring the pain in my back and in my head.

       I walk out of the bathroom with the drowning sound of Jaylen asking if I'm ok. I lean against the dresser and look up at her with a blank expression. It's finally happening all those times I prayed to god they would just die have become true.

    I know I should feel hurt but I'm not. I don't feel anything. I feel relief. Alex and Thomas come out of the bathroom not caring that I'm not at all dressed.

     I breath in still in shock. Jaylen comes up and hugs me from behind making me feel safe and a lot better. She lays her head on my back telling me it's all fine. Yes it is fine.

      Alana and Gabriel will finally feel what Lorain felt. I straightened up and tell them "Alana and Gabriel are in the hospital" Jaylen and Thomas look at me with sadness in their eyes but not Alex.

    He know how long I've waited for this to happen and he's wished it at times too. Alex runs up to me and hugs me not carrying that Thomas is here or Jaylen.

      He's just hugging me as a friend. "It's finally happened" I nodded as I hugged him back pressing his face into my chest. I say nothing after that because there is nothing to say.

      I can feel something brewing in my chest but I can't put my finger on it. Alex let's me go and starts dragging me to my room and I'm going to let him. There was days were Alex would have to dress me and shower me because I couldn't be it myself.

       He never knew why I was like that and he never questioned it he was just there for me. After Gabriel kicked me out I finally told him what happened. I told him everything but I haven't told Jaylen everything.

     I probably should but I can't bring myself to telling another soul what Gabriel had done to me. I just can't. Maybe I will tell her to give her peace of mind as to why I hate him so much.

   Bringing me out of my trance Alex picks up my hands and slips a shirt on me. No words needed to be exchanged to know that he was getting me ready to go see them and I'm ok with it.

       Standing me up Alex takes off my wet boxers and puts new ones on me. I hold his shoulders for stability as he puts my pants on. Jaylen and Thomas watch as Alex grabs my face and makes me look at him.

      I can feel tears on the verge of dropping. He wipes away my tears and says "Listen Everett, you're going to walk in there and tell them everything you told me. Don't let them talk you into coming back because I'm not going to let you. Understood?"

       I nodded as he demanded for me to talk to them and get everything of my chest. He hugs me once more assuring me it's going to be ok.

   I haven't talk or seen my parents since I kicked them out so I don't know if this is a plot to let them stay in the house again. I really haven't been staying there either way.