Chapter 21- speak

-Thomas POV-

I'm watch as Parker pulls out a Brush from his bag and starts to brush Jaylens hair. This is the first time in a while I see her let her guard down and relax. As jay begins to eat I see that she gives a look of disgust on her face as she watches the grease from her burger drip.

Parker noticed this and practically ran to the trash can and held it up to her as she threw up he held her braided hair back.

    I just watch. I don't intervene they need this. Both of them do. They need each other. I now watch as he hold up a glass to her mouth and she drinks without question.

With a hand on Jaylens back Parker puts down the glass of water. As he sets it down jaylen falls back Parker catch's her before she hits the ground. I watch panic setting in as her body begins to violently shake.

Shit she's having a seizure. I run and call for a nurse or doctor. Without missing a beat Parker lays her on the ground turning her to her side.

I run to her and try speaking to her. Doctors and nurses rush in and push us out of the room. "no I'm not leaving" Parker is refusing to leave. I go to him and drag him to the door.

This kid is stronger than I thought he was. He managed to get out of my grasp and looks at the nurse breathing heavily he speaks "one wrong move and I'll make sure up to three generations of your family will feel what I'll do to you"

I look at my dad surprised as Parker's whole demeanor changed within seconds. His eyes darkened and fist clenched he walks out of the room only to stand outside till they're done checking up on her.

    I stand next to Parker and say "you'll be good at this" he looks at me and says "at what" his voice sounded different than usual. It was deeper and heavier filled with Anger and venom leaking from his voice.

I tilted my head to jaylens hospital door " fitting in, being a father, a good boyfriend eventually husband" Parker laughed darkened as he spoke again " I doubt that" for a second I saw a glimpse of what jaylen saw in him once again.

My father was right there's something about this kid. One minute he acts shy and reserved next he's threatening nurses not to fuck up.

How could I miss the fact that he threatened a whole family for jaylen and I know my father heard it too because he's just watching Parker's every move.

After making sure Parker doesn't murder someone the doctor walks out and let's us know she's fine. Parker just glares at the doctor clearly upset she didn't give us answers as to why jaylen had another seizure. "Is the baby ok"

Parker ask still looking like he's going to ripe her throat out for looking at him the wrong way. The doctor just nodded and walked away not explaining a thing.

Now I get why he's pissed this doctor sucks ass. Without even asking if he could go see jay he just walks in. Jaylen looks up as an IV is being placed on her arm. She clearly hates it because of the look she's giving the nurse putting it on her. These two are made for each other I'm convinced.          

       Parker just needed a push to show his true colors and now I'm seeing them. Jaylen speaks as they insert the needle or at least try to. "Did I hear you threatening a nurse" she tilts her head talking to Parker.

He just shrugs and says " it wasn't a threat" Jaylen questions what It was then "it was a warning" as he says this he glared at the nurse struggling to insert the needle.

The nurse visible shakes under both Jaylen and Parker's stare. The nurse just puts it down and excused himself and rushed out the door. They both started laughing as the nurse walked away.