Chapter 32- not breathing

-jaylen POV-

I need therapy. This boy makes everything he does look hot. We are currently at the warehouse trying to get Houston taffer to take. We need him to tell us who told him about the money. Ok let me explain about what money.

A couple of years ago when my dad was barely making a name for himself someone hired him for a job. That job consisted of getting rid of the most powerful man on Portland. Obviously my dad finished the job that family took over and the money they gave my dad was stolen. It was stolen from the mans family years before he got taken down and murdered.

    Now that you are all caught up let me continue taking about how hot Parker makes everything. I'm sitting across the room watching as Parker punches the mans face. Jesus.

My dad steps up and questioned "how do you know about the money" the man named Houston spit on the floor next to my dad. Enough of staring at Parker's biceps

       Ok I guess I have to intervene. You can  say my methods aren't the best but they always work. Most of the time I go for the physiological approach.

I get in their heads and make them break. It's a specialty really. I decided to go with a rather weird approach this time. I want to go home so I better set this up quickly.

I walk to the back of the warehouse and grab a towel and a bucket full of water. Sighing I put the towel over the mans face before putting the bucket over him and tying it so it doesn't move.

I make a small hole in the bucket and watch as the water slowly drips on the mans forehead. I look at Parker and he's watching in amusement. "And I thought I knew everything there was to know"

I tilt my head unsure about what he's talking about. We walks towards me and the man and he flicks his forehead and says "I'll come back when you're mentally broken" he turns to me "who knew you were a fan of 15th century torture methods"

I smile as he says this. It makes me happy knowing someone knows about it. I shrugged and said "what can I say I like breaking people inside then out" as we walk towards the exit my dad speaks "I quite don't understand how this works even after years of you doing it" before I can answer Parker does it for me.

"It's a method invented in the 15th century, most people don't use it because well it's not always guaranteed. It was created to strike fear in a person, create anxiety and stress. Similarly to water boarding but that's more physical." I nod as his answer is correct. Parker continues to speak "the main reason it's not a guaranteed thing that the person will break is due to mental strength." I smile at him proudly.

      He opens the car door for me as I buckle my seatbelt he closes the door. I still don't know how I exactly feel about this whole thing with Parker and chase. I mean technically they are the same person but they have different mindsets? I'm not sure.

All of this is making me stress out. Who's Houston taffer and how does he know about the money? Why didn't Parker tell me he knew my secret sooner? How did My dad know about Lorain?

     This is all to much. My head is starting to spin and all though I'm sitting down in the car i still feel like I'm going to fall on the ground beneath me. I want to throw up from all the movements the car makes as it stops. "Jaylen are you ok"

I hear Parker ask me from a distance. I know he's near me, next to me in fact. But I have a sudden ringing in my ear. I shut my eyes and open them again trying to focus. I can't open my mouth so speak. I feel the car stop causing me to spasm. Another seizure.

——————————————————————

-Parker's pov-

    I notice as Jaylen starts to look pale and sick. I ask her is she's ok but she doesn't respond. She tries to but she can't. I pull over and I see her spasm a little.

She's going to have another seizure. Shit shit shit. Without thinking I quickly grab the shirt I took off earlier and stuffed it in her mouth right before she starts to seize. I rush and take of my seat belt and lean over her pushing the chair to the back.

   I look over to Thomas and luke. They both have a look of panic and fear in their eyes. I don't understand. Why? Luke is the first to speak " we need to go to the hospital this isn't ok" I nod but I hesitate.

Shit ok. As jaylen continues to seize in the passenger seat I speed off to the hospital where Alex's mom works. I hand my phone to Thomas and tell him " look for Alex's contact and put him on speaker"

Thomas doesn't question me and he calls Alex doing as I said. The phone rings and rings but no answer. Come on Alex pick up. Pick up dammit. He finally answered at the last ring.

Alex: hey man what's up

Parker: yo is your mom at the hospital

Alex: nah, we're actually having family dinner if you wanna join

Parker: Alex, I currently have jaylen seizing in the passenger side of my car.

I turn to look at jaylen and she's no longer moving. Like at all. Fuck. I put my fingers under her nose and she isn't breathing.

Fuck. I stop abruptly not giving a shit about the traffic. I jump out of the car and rush to the passenger side. I open her door and get her out of the car. Putting her on the ground I hear Alex saying me name.

Alex: Parker? Is everything alright.

I look to Thomas who's now out of the car carrying my phone in hand. I'm not ok. Everything is not already. Ok Parker calm down.

Parker: Alex she isn't breathing put your mom on the phone now.

Without saying anything Alex hands his phone off to his mother. Not knowing if it's going to work I put my hands on her chest and began CPR. Now there's a lot of people out of their cars staring at us. On the phone with who I assume are calling an ambulance.

The baby I can't think anything else but jaylen and the baby. I keep going even if it's not going anywhere.

Dr. Rain: Parker I know you're scared but you have to start CPR the baby can't last long without oxygen and neither can jaylen.

Thomas: he's been doing that and she's still not breathing.

I start to hear voices in the distance and the ambulance blocks away. I can't lose her. She hasn't been breathing for over5 minutes the damage that can do is dangerous.

And without thinking I rip open her shirt. She has hematomas on her left side. Think parker think. Out of all our conversations has she ever mentioned heart problems. I rack my brain for answers but none come up.

I turn to Thomas and her dad asking " has she ever had heart problems" they both share a look. I'll take it as a yes.

Ok jaylen collapsed at the bar, she has a history of heart and lung problems. She has fluid around her heart and lungs. She's choking. She's been slowly bleeding out.

    I fucking got it I run to my car and pull out an emergency first aid kit Alex's mom makes me carry around. I look in the kit and I find a scalpel and a syringe everything I need. I sanitize the items as they all watch me.

At this point I can care less. I'm sorry jaylen I have to fuck up your tattoo. Slowly I block out all the people, I block out Thomas, Luke and doctor rain that's still on the phone.

I position the syringe at an angle and slowly push it in hoping I still remember the class I took in anatomy. I don't want to make a bigger hole in her heart so I just Aspirate the fluids.

What I see in the syringe is blood. Her blood. I was right she was bleeding out. I take out the syringe. And wrap a big bandage on her chest. Once again I start performing CPR In hopes I thought fast enough and now she can breathe again.

This time I took a more violent approach and slam by Hand on her chest in one swift movement and she jerks. She starts breathing slowly coughing up blood. I grab her and turn her to the side.

       I close my eyes as the ambulance finally arrived. It pisses me off that they took so long to get here. I hear Thomas tell the dr that we're on our way to the hospital but I don't care I walk away with jaylen on the gurney. Once again she's going to the hospital but this time I'm here with her.