2. A new student

After I had taken the schedule and wandered through this really big school with a lot of same halls, that resembled some kind of labyrinth, I finally found the classroom

After I had taken the schedule and wandered through this really big school with a lot of same halls, that resembled some kind of labyrinth, I finally found the classroom. I sigh, squeezing the straps of my backpack that mama bought me as a gift for the new beginning, and I enter the classroom, with nausea boiling in my stomach.

I see pupils chattering, laughing, and chilling before the beginning of the class, some of them sitting on the desks, some of them on the chairs, all seeming busy talking. I glace at all of them, feeling anxiety visiting me again, knocking at the door of my mind. The door opens, and the anxiety casually walks in the place where my mind was trying to chill, at the place where I hold pieces of information, I don't actually need. 

I choose to ignore the arrival of anxiety, while my mind is trying its best to make anxiety feel comfortable even if we never invited it. I push my legs to move and come to sit on the chair that isn't occupied, next to a curly brown guy, that my eyes caught, hoping that he will help me kill this nausea in me.

"Hey!", I greet him and his gaze moves from his phone to me. "I'm Boris. I'm a new student."

"Oh, hi mate, I'm Khalid", he introduces himself and pokes girls that are sitting in front of us. "Hey, Cassie, Katy turn around!"

The girls turn to us, both of them holding confusion on their faces. I'm not sure which one is Cassie and which one Katy, but one of them has black hair that comes a little above her shoulders, and the other one, the same length, but blonde.

"He's new! His name's Boris!", the guy with afro hair who introduces himself as Khalid informs his friends.

"I'm Cassie", the girl with blonde hair stretches her hand for mine to shake it. Her eyes are ocean blue and her eyelashes are really long, she must have used some really good mascara. Maybelline or Loreal. Why I know the labels of mascaras', please don't ask me that. I'll just say Emma. Also, Cassie's eyeliner makes her eyes look bigger.

"I'm Katy, nice to meet ya." The other girl as well shakes my hand, smiling at me and observing my features, and I use the moment to do the same with hers.

Her hair holds two hairpins that say love, sparkling a little too much for my taste. When I lower my gaze to her black crop top, which I'm surprised she is allowed to wear at school, I read break up with your girlfriend cuz I'm bored. Must be a fan of Ariana Grande. I realize that I'm still frowning because of her choice of clothes. Or lack of clothes. Whatever. Judging isn't good, I try to tell myself.

"Where are you from?", she asks, and I notice how rapidly she is blinking, biting her full lips that are shining because of the big amount of lipgloss that she had put on.

Just don't be surprised how much I know about makeup. It is all because Emma used to drag me from one drugstore to another, showing me all products and testing them, explaining which is better and why. So, I had to listen to her, and here we are. I mean I didn't have to, I wanted to. I wanted to listen to her rambling about something that brings her joy. Obviously , my money brought her joy, as well. Ugh, whatever stop thinking about her. I could easily work as a makeup artist.