38. Theories

"Um, yeah

"Um, yeah... she is. But she hates speaking about it and that is the reason we came over here hoping you don't know about that."

"It's okay, we don't have to tell her." I knit my brows and tilt my head, approaching the very tall doctor. Not even my tata (dad) is this tall. But my friend Jason is. If I didn't know that his father is in Japan I would think this was his. "It's that my colleague told me that they had some new method or something for insomnia and they are experimenting on it. So, I was wondering if maybe Luna could try it. Hopefully, it could work and she would stop being tired. I saw how her eyes are red, how nervous she is... All of those are signs of strong insomnia."

I open my mouth to say something, but I close them, not sure of what to say. I don't think that she would ever agree on this, probably already tired of all those new methods, that I bet she had previously tried a bunch of times. I mean, that nurse said that she gave up after three years of searching for a cure and if you ask me that is quite a long time.

If she didn't manage to find anything to help her for three years how is that she can find it now? Why am I thinking about this now? It's exactly something that Luna would say. I spend one afternoon with her and I immediately start thinking like her. I chuckle at my own thoughts which makes the doctor snap his head at me, confused.

"Sorry, I.." I shake my head, "I doubt that she would like to try it. You know", I lean closer to him, and he bows his head to hear me better, "she spent really long time searching for the cure and hoping to find it, so now everything seems so... well in vain, for her", I speak as if I haven't found about this problem of her before less than an hour.

"Yeah, sure, I totally understand you. Well, I'll give you my visit card in case she changes her mind."

"Thank you", I say as he hands me the card.

"Take care of her, boy. She seems to have suffered a lot. And try to dig deeper about that fall. I doubt that she had hurt herself that seriously alone. Someone else must have done it. Goodbye now." He leaves before I have a chance to say bye to him as well. In fact, I again come back to thinking about that bastard hurting over and over again. But my clueless and naive self could never think of the actual way he is hurting her. The things he is doing to her.

When I get out I see Luna leaning on the wall with one leg leant on the wall and with the cigarette between her lips. I widen my eyes and rush to her to scold her. When her tired green eyes flicker at me, I forget everything I wanted to tell her in the first place.

"Want?" She offers me the cigarette while the smoke comes from her mouth and nostrils.

Sexy. She looks sexy. Even though she is dressed in sweatpants.

"Um, no." I shake my head, looking down at the cigarette and then at her.

When she places it back between her lips I realize that I haven't seen a hotter nor sexier sight in my life.