8. Beauty and the beast

The whole afternoon I was lazy, not doing anything, while my mind was full of thoughts

The whole afternoon I was lazy, not doing anything, while my mind was full of thoughts. Thoughts of her. Who is she? What is her story? Who is the boy who dragged her from me? Why didn't she want to talk to me? Why does she sleep in classes? Where did she get that scar of hers? There are just so many questions my mind made up. I want to know everything. But I'm sure she isn't going to give me answers to any of these questions. She is so introverted, I doubt that even that Manuel guy knows something. But he certainly knows more than me. To me, Luna is like a mystery box that I can't manage to open. Or a closed-door for which I need a key, but don't know how and where to find it. I don't even know her last name. Nothing. Luna... Who are you?

But the main question is why did Manuel keep repeating the word customers, and making money aside from him? I think I know what was he talking about, but I don't want to judge and complete the puzzle without knowing the whole story and don't get approval of the truth. Who knows if what my mind came up with, is really true? Maybe, it's just desperate and it certainly did watch a lot of movies. This isn't a movie. Maybe the solution is way simpler than I expect it to be. Maybe he is her boss at some café or I don't know...

What I know is that I really am tired from all this thinking, making all the facts that I have found out so far go round and round, hoping that the pieces would settle eventually at their right places and complete the puzzle of the sleepy girl. But, they don't, instead, they only give me a headache.

One side of my mind keeps telling me that I should just stay away from her. But, she is not a bad person, is she? Those bright and tired, bloodshot eyes can't hold anything evil. I'm sure of that.

I was staring at the ceiling and thinking about her, when my mom entered the room, and told me that it was time for the practice, I quickly got ready and went to the tennis court where my personal coach was waiting for my arrival.

But what I didn't know was that exactly this place was going to be the one where I'd get to see her, again.

Now I'm staring at her closed eyes, while her dog is jumping on my legs and barking at me. Even though we are at the distance, I can clearly hear that she's sighing and shaking her head, while rubbing her eyes with her small hand, while with the other she is gripping the big paper brown bag. What is happening with her? Is she okay? I quickly switch to my panic mode, but then she opens her eyes and I realize that her eyelids are really heavy, not letting her look anything properly, while her green orbs are barely staying open.

"What is going on?", my coach's voice snaps both me and her.

"Um..."

"The dog is mine. Sorry, he disturbed you", she announces, apologizing. "Just throw the ball outside and I'll catch his leash. Sorry, I accidentally let go of it."

"Oh, it's okay. Don't worry", the coach assures her. "Throw it, Boris." I slowly move my gaze from her to him, and then at her dog. His paws touch my knees while he drops the ball near my feet.