78. Baby

BORIS

"Let's go, boy!" I call for Scar when he stops, sniffing something. "We need to go find Luna. Lulu", I say the nickname her grandpa uses. Must be how Scar calls her too in her mind.

He barks and starts running. I struggle to follow him. Is George sure that this golden retriver can take me to her granddaughter? Because we've stopped so many times, and I've had a hard time keeping up with his pace.

Though, I understand if he can't take me because he has spent a couple of past days being sick. And I'm not sure if he is completely healed. It can't be that only my touch managed to heal him. 

What is this? Luna falling asleep for the first time at night with me, her dog barking after days when I touch him? It seems as if I have some magic powers. I know I don't, but it's ironic how these things keep happening, and I can't help but think in this silly way.

I stop thinking, and focus my attention to Scar who is sniffling the pavement, and I begin to wonder if this is his way sensing his owner. And of course, the graveyard appears in front of me, and Scar instantly stretches his legs, and places his upper paws on it, waiting for me to open it.

"Wait, let me open it."

He moves, and I press the knob, and open the place where all the souls of once alive people exist. This is the place where they live now. I do believe in life after death. I do belive that people either reincarnate or they keep us safe from the other side. They watch us, and along with God they throw obstacles, and sometimes even put them so they can shwo us that we can overcome them 'cause we're strong.

My grandparents probably laugh when they watch me from the sky. That's what I hope. Mom's parents and dad's mom, since he doesn't like his father so much, but I still wish I met him.

I hope one day when I die that I'll be able to look after everyone who I leave on this world - my kids, my wife, or even my grandchildren. Or I hope that I'll reincarnate into a person who is possibly more confident then me, and that I'd experience what it feels like when you love yourself.

But maybe I don't have to reincarnate to be able to experience that. Maybe I can still experience how it feels without dying and reincarnating. I just need one person to help me. And that person is the one I'm currently looking for all over the big graveyard thay sends chills down my spine. Scar seems to walk peacefully. He probably knows which grave is the one of her parents, so I decide to follow him, loosening the grip on the leash slightly.

"Be quiet, we don't want to startle her", I whisper, and Luna's guardian slows, showing me that he indeed understands me.

After tons of graves and stones, we finally see the back of the girl I like. She's the only one present here, and as we approach, Scar's paws echoing, I can hear her silent mumbles. Sobs. She's crying.

"So, there's this boy, mom."

I suddenly stop, careful not to breathe, not to move so she doesn't hear me 'cause I want to hear who is the boy Luna wants to tell her mom about. But, her guardian barks, and everything's blown so she abruptly turns around. I can do nothing else but beam stupidly.

"Hi!"

"B-Boris?", she asks, wiping her nose and her nose. She turns her head to the side, and sniffles. "W-what are you doing here?"

"I...I brought Scar. I mean he brought me." Her eyebrows knit, and her eyes snap to my legs where Scar is moving.

"Scar!", Luna calls him, and he instantly turns to her, and I swear to God, a smile appears on his face, and within the second he's on her, and I gasp scared that he'll knock down. But she steadies herself, and wraps her thin arms around him tightly, squeezing him so hard.