29. Promise/Powerless

"Can you stop touching her that clearly upsets her", Jason whispers in my, hissing as we continue running

"I wouldn't if she didn't almost fall", I hiss through my teeth, too. "Do you want me to let her fall and hurt herself?", I ask with the slight venom in my voice since we still haven't sorted things out from the day when he was on my practice.

Once we stop running and warming up teacher shows us what kind of measures we will be doing. It's just running for 30 meters and throwing the ball of 2 kilograms. Boys are first to go, so later they can play football once we are finished just like the boy at the beginning of the class suggested.

My eyes never leave Luna who is sitting on the dusty and dirty floor looking at her nails and fighting to stay awake and not close her heavy eyelids. She yawns, shaking her head and rubbing her eyes aggressively but for some reason, I find it cute. This is just third period and I bet that she must be exhausted because the everyday schedule for sleeping is this time. And she cannot sleep now.

I still wonder what makes her this exhausted and if it has to do with Manuel. Before I can let the anger corrupt my body, my name is called. Jason shows me his fist as a sign to get out there and nail it and I try to remember did I see him doing these measurements or not.

I stand behind the lime from where the start running is and turn my head to glance at Luna. Her head is now leaning on the wall and her gorgeous eyes are closed while her lips are parted. And I wish she was looking at me. Nevertheless, she looks so cute and I have an urge to remove the strands of her hair that have fallen on her beautiful face, half of them in her mouth. But I can't. She doesn't want me to touch her. And Jason is right, any touch is tempting her and all because of that asshole who is hurting her what in reality no woman should be hurt.

"Whenever you are ready", the teacher announces and I glance at him over my shoulder seeing his finger pressed on the stopwatch. I inhale and get in the mid-step preparing to start.

I squeeze my fists and start running at the same time when thoughts of Manuel hurting sweet Luna appear in my head, nagging at me how I can't do anything to stop it. While she is going to be hurt over and over again each time more. I don't even acknowledge that I have come to the wall where this route finishes and I have to press my palms in front of me so when I touch the wall it can stop me. With them pressed on the brick wall, I start panting, bowing my head, and trying to calm down and catch a breath.

"Wow, that was 17 seconds, and the record is 23. Good job, boy!", the teacher praises as I turn around to look at him, puzzled realizing quickly that he has been talking about my running. I albeit forget about it, all I could think was Manuel's hand on Luna's neck choking her as her naturally beautiful face turns pale.

"Good job, bro! Woohooo!", Jason starts applauding me and shouts, gesturing for others to cheer with him when he sees they don't. "Wooohoo!"

But I don't look at him and his silly behavior. I look at Luna who opened her eyes abruptly, snapping her head puzzled just like I was seconds before. She is looking at the crowd who is applauding and cheering. With her heavy eyelids and opened mouth, blinking and rubbing her eyes confused about what is going on.