66. To tell him or not to tell him?

"Okay, is someone going to tell me what the hell happened?", my wife asks, still confused, her hands wrapped around the coffee mug, and I lean on the kitchen counter, unable to look nor at her nor at our son

I just make a mental note to tell her to slowly stop drinking caffeine, just like she did when she was pregnant with Boris. I think she was drinking it until the third month or so.

Okay, I can't think about that right now. Now my thoughts are full of St... Luna. I don't blame her for not telling me her real name. That's understandable, considering that I was just a stranger to her. Still am, though. I and Milica used too many fake names, scared that if someone realized that we were from Serbia, they would tell that man, and he would catch us, and that was the last thing we wanted.

I, also can't stop thinking about her bruised forehead, neck, and feet, and how she was laying on the road in the middle of nowhere, not knowing herself where she was. I just can't stop thinking what if that was my daughter, how would I react? Would I react like I'm reacting now? Of course, and even worse.

But, I would never let anyone do that to her if she was my daughter. And even if (God forbid!) happen, the motherfucker would be buried deep in the ground, after I beat the shit out of him. I'm not violent, but really, wouldn't you do the same? You would. You would see everything black, and stop thinking straight because that is your daughter we are talking about for God's sake!

I lift my gaze only to lay it on my son, who is leaning on the wall, his eyes fixed on the floor, as silent sobs leave his mouth, and he sniffles. He's crying. I don't blame him. I'd do the same thing if the girl I like, and care about so much, for whom I did everything to show her I'm the good one, accused me of drugging her, and... raping her.

That's it. Someone raped her after they drugged her. That is why she thought Boris did the same. Was that what happened the night before I met her? Did that bastard who drugged her, caused her bruises, and throw her on the road as if she was an animal, rape her? I think that I'm connecting the dots here. But, I don't know if my hero is doing the same. He doesn't know what I do, and I'm not sure if I should let him know. If it's going to be too much for his kind, and innocent, pure soul. His heart will break.

"Anyone?" Milica snaps us both from our thoughts. I can't help but wonder what is Boris thinking.

He's probably thinking that everything is lost and that he screwed up, and his chances are blown and St... Luna - okay, I'm never going to stop calling her like that - is never going to speak to him.

She is going to speak with him. Oh, hell is she going to speak. But she is going to speak with me first to tell me everything that happened to her, so I can find that bastard, and make him pay for scaring her like that. She isn't able to live her life normally because of it, scared of me, of Boris.

She has slept yet she doesn't, she can't believe it because the last time she did that was probably that terrible night of hets when that idiot drugged her, so he can use her body.