30. Running away from the worry

I open my eyes to see how long I have until I finally reach my home, breathing, no, panting like a dog

I open my eyes to see how long I have until I finally reach my home, breathing, no, panting like a dog. Not even my Scar pants like this when he runs for a long time. I see that I have one more street and I push my legs forward, pleading them to cooperate for a while. We are close, I tell them, so close, hoping that would encourage them a little.

Just a little bit and we will be in the bed, I console both my tired self and my legs.

Once I'm in front of my door, I feel like falling on my knees, but instead of doing so I press my hand on the knob and push the door open. Not long after, maybe almost immediately the familiar bark is heard and Scar's body comes in my blurry sight.

Slow down, I'm not okay with playing.

"Luna, is that you?"

"Me...", I pant, whispering and fighting with my dry throat and lips.

Scar's upper legs touch my groggy knees and it is enough for me to collapse on the floor, just on the doorstep.

Must be the sound of my body falling on the floor because grandpa quickly approaches me with worry clear in his shaky voice.

"Luna... Lulu is everything alright?"

I try to lift my painful body off the hard cold floor, while Scar is sniffing me and liting my face.

"I am... S-Scar bend me over", I partly lie. He did make me fall, but it was like when you touch domino and the rest fall themselves. It takes just a tiny movement, wind or air maybe to do so, and Scar's tiny paw made me collapse just like cards reminding me of the day when Mono broke my towel of cards that I'd been collecting and fondling when he took me with him that night.

"What's wrong? Did you hurt yourself when you fell?"

"Um... no... No..."

"Why are you home so early? Did something happen? Did those people hurt you?"

Again with those people, grandpa, I roll my closed eyes in my mind.

"N-no... No one hurt me. I just have to go to my room." My hands struggle to find the wall to support my faint body and when they do so I manage to walk to the room. While using a wall as a support I don't pay attention to the objects that are next to it, so I knock something off and it falls with a loud sound of hitting the floor if not even breaking, I don't know I can't see anything currently.

"What is that?" Grandpa is scared.

"N-nothing. I'll pick it later", I breathe out, finding the knob of the room and opening the door quickly without bothering to close them I let myself fall on the bed, on my tummy, my eyes already closed as I begin to knock on that door of Dreamland hoping my part-time ticket will do the job, and make them let me in for at least one hour. I need sleep, I need it.