28. Skin and Bones

"Who are those people, Luna?"

"I said no one! They are no one!", I yell for the hundredth time at my grandpa. My eyes catch Scar who is sitting in the corner, his head bowed on the floor, his almond eyes filled with sadness focused on us.

He tried to tell us not to argue, but I yelled at him, as well, and he realized that I was pissed off and that there was no point in trying to make any puppy eyes. So, he swaddled his tail and stopped barking.

"How can they be no one, Luna? They appeared out of nowhere and you tell literally no one where you live!" He raises his arms in the air. "They hurt your dog, then they hurt you, too, remember?"

Of course, I do. Manuel is never going to be forgiven for tying Scar.

"They didn't hurt me! Manuel didn't hurt me!", I lie, while my voice starts shaking, threatening to break because it can't handle the lie I'm saying when my mind and now my burnt body know the truth. The painful truth.

"And who is he, huh? Luna, tell me, I'm trying to protect you!" He tries to touch me, but before his hands reach my body I move, afraid of any human's touch.

"You can't protect me!", I shout, feeling my throat threatening to betray me and burning with each new scream I make. Each word.

"Luna..."

"Stop! Stop this shit! Let me do what I have to and stop asking me 'bout anything and trying to see to my life when my obviously you can't fucking you! You are blind! Blind!", I repeat as if he doesn't know that.

Normally I would never say this, but right now I can't think straight, because my skin is split open, burning, screaming and I want to take these clothes off me but at the same, I can't. I don't want to feel naked, how I needed to feel for two hours.

Grandpa yet doesn't pay attention to my insult to him and continues interrogating me.

"What is going on with you? You aren't yourself these days!"

"These days? These fucking days?", I scoff, repeating the phrase he decided to use. "I'm not myself since the day your daughter and her husband died!"

Scar barks and I pat the ground with my foot, telling him to move. I feel more pain, wondering if there is a part of my body that doesn't hurt, starting with the space between my legs. He barks again and stretches his upper paws on my little body, but I step back, and he falls back on the ground, jumping from my sudden action.

"Get away from me! Go!", I order him, showing him with my hand to leave the house. I begin shivering. Calm down, Luna this is Scar we are talking about, your guardian, your hero, he would never hurt.

I never know.

The golden hero whimpers, bowing his head sadly, but I shake mine, determined. "Out, I said!"