52. More assignments

I'll come

I'll come. Well, I can't promise because I don't know if some higher power is going to stop me from coming, and then it would be that I lied and I don't want to lie to you, Boris. But what I can promise is that I'll do everything that is in my power to come.

She'll come. I know she will, I think, while leaning on my locker, totally absent from the place I am at, and shouts that are being spread through the halls each time louder.

Where did she go yesterday?

I have to be somewhere.

Where?

Somewhere.

Somewhere. Where is that somewhere? Was Manuel there? Was he hurting her? I swear that...

I squeeze my fists when the picture of his face pops in my mind, with his jaws set high, giving the look of a villain, thin lips, and black eyes which hold darkness and send shivers down anyone's back.

I quickly open my eyes before Luna's frame appear and he starts choking her because I know I wouldn't endure that, and would storm out of school and go to her just to make sure that bastard didn't hurt her, didn't lay his gross hands on her soft skin that I got an opportunity to touch yesterday more than once.

God, her skin feels so amazing under my fingers, its softness, and the way she always closes her eyes when I caress her.

The previous anger that appeared caused by the man who nearly strangled her and took the air out of her little lungs vanishes now, replaced by the pictures of us walking through the park together, eating cotton candy that she never tried before.

Why can't I stop thinking about her? The whole night I was imagining her soft smile that I was reason to, I was imagining how cute she was while eating the cotton candy... hell, I even imagined how her fingers were feeling in my mouth when she fed me.

I was holding onto that sweet memory, not letting it slip before I enter the world of dreams in which she can't come in for some unknown reason.

I was reminding myself of what a nice time we had so that could continue in my dreams. And it did. I was dreaming about her the whole night, which she probably had to spend eyes-wide-open, and the moment I woke up, her green eyes and cute smile filled my head, like she never left, like she never walked away from that park, leaving me alone with only the memory of her, the memory of her fingers gently brushing the soft skin of hers.

Why does she consume my thoughts so much? It's like she had the key of them, and not me, whose owner I should be instead. I didn't even think about what should I wear, no, I just took the first thing that was in my closet, and I usually overthink so much when it comes to my style. I didn't even pay attention to the breakfast I had, this time alone, since dad had to go earlier.

No, I could only think about her feeding me with candies, promising me that I wouldn't become fat again, and even if I do, people would find something else to mock me about because just like I said they always did. My words sounded even better, said from her mouth, rolling her tongue, sugarcoat with the cotton candy, and colored in blue, again the color of the cotton.