55. Hide and seek

"You are glowing", dad whispers in my ear and goes to sit in front of me, joining me for lunch

"You are glowing", dad whispers in my ear and goes to sit in front of me, joining me for lunch. "What happened?"

I just shrug and shove some salad in my mouth. "No spaghetti today, mom?" I turn to her, watching her body moving through the kitchen, folding plates.

"No, honey, I was lazy, sorry. Do you want to eat 'em?"

"No", I shake my head. "It's okay. I was just surprised."

"I'm so nauseous, and dizzy today, I barely made that." She points to the vegetable salad and sits next to dad. His hand quickly caresses her cheek and touches her forehead.

"Nemaš temperaturu, zar ne?", he asks worried, still holding his fork.
(You don't have a fever, do you?)

"Nemam, Maki nemam." She leans to kiss his cheek and buries her head briefly in his neck, and I watch as dad closes his eyes as she nuzzles there. "Dobro sam, ne brini." (I don't, Maki, I don't. I'm okay, don't worry.)

She gets up, and dad immediately opens his eyes, but still keeps them glued to hers. "I'm going to lay in my room, you okay here, guys? I know you love to have some time together while having lunch. Talking without me", she rolls her eyes, annoyed.

"Mimi..." Dad entwines his finger with hers, and she just smiles at him weakly.

"Actually, mom I wanted to talk to both of you today."

Her head snaps to me, and her forehead frown slightly, confused.

"Talk?"

"Mhm, can you stay a little if you're okay, if not, I can tell you later when the sickness is gone? It's going to be gone, right, mom?", I ask worriedly.

"Of course, it is, mili." She comes to me, brushes my hair, and kisses it. "It's normal in the first few months of pregnancy. I was sick when I had you, too. Don't worry. Now tell me what you wanted. Is everything okay?" Her brown eyes fill with worry as she comes to dad. "Pomeri se da sednem.
(Move so I can sit)

His eyes widen when he sees that she wants to sit on his lap, and stops eating, confused.

"Milice, imaš stolicu tamo, pa sedi."
(Milica, you have a chair there, so you can sit.) I want to chuckle, and frown at the same time not understanding the sudden change in dad's demeanor.

"Pa?" (So?) She moves his hand off his lap and tries to sit, but dad stops her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Nostro figlio é qui", dad's hoarse voice switches to Italian, probably because he knows that I don't speak it. Damn, how I wish I did now.
(Our son is here)

Are they mad at each other? Please, don't make them be angry with one another.

I never had to experience big fights just small ones when mom is nervous, and dad always quickly relax her, and everything would go back to normal.