46. The boy who doesn't take no as an answer

Warning: cute moments between Boris and Luna, are you sure you can handle it?

"So what happened?", I ask Jason as I inhale the smoke of the cigarette he gave me. Thank God someone gave it to me, I was dying without it.

"Nothing", he hisses, shaking his head and looking somewhere at the distance, leaning on the wall.

We are hiding in the back of the yard because if some professor finds me smoking I could be suspended. Not that I'd care, but I didn't want Jason to get in trouble, considering that he is the captain of the rugby team and trying to have a good reputation. Not be caught with a monster like me, who is smoking.

"How nothing?", I frown, exhaling the smoke. "You didn't find Mencía?"

"I did."

"So?" I frown more. "C'mon, Jason, you are not five, I don't need to pull the words from your mouth as if you were a kid!"

I'm nervous. Of course, I am. Boris has said that he was worried so much for me. Then why am I nervous? Well, because I can see how he's getting attached to me. Hoe he's falling for me. He has already fallen, as Jason says. I can't let that happen. I look at Jason, remembering our conversation and how he said that I should try. I ty should. Better said than done. You don't have an abusive possessive boyfriend who is capable of killing.

He lets out a frustrated sigh. "I can't, Luna."

"You can't tell me? Okay, I didn't wanna force you, sorry", I mumble, stopping my apology by dragging more smoke only to realize that I finished the cigarette. Fuck, I only took two drags and it's already over.

"You want one more?", the blonde boy with extremely dark bags underneath his eyes offers.

"No", I lie.

"C'mon, take another one."

"You sure?" My fingers, touching the apex of the cigarette, but not taking it.

"Just fucking take it!", he snaps, furiously and runs his hand through his hair nervously, and I see that his it is a little bit bruised. Did he fight someone?

"Okay, okay!", I take the cigarette, trying my best not to shiver.

"Shit, sorry", he says, when notices my shivering. "I didn't mean to snap at you."

"It's fine", I mumble, lighting the cigarette.

"It's not that I can't talk to you, moon." Whenever he calls me moon, I can sense the nice side of him dominating the bad one that he oughts to show to everyone.

He is really soft, and gentle, and not in a million years would you guess that this furious boy is afraid of the dark, and needs someone to sleep next to him, so he can be less scared. I pretend that I don't like the nickname, but I really do. It's unique.

"It's that I can't talk about her. She... She left. She says she can't be with me. Does it hurt?"

"Huh?" I turn to him, puzzled. "What does it hurt?"