33. A guest

As I knock, I step back waiting for someone to open the door, hoping so bad it will be Luna

"Luna, you open the door", I hear her grandpa's voice. I wonder if her parents will be joining us. I'm excited to meet them.

"I can't, I'm in the bathroom."

I try to imagine Luna getting ready for me just how I have been for her. Little did I know that she was going to be again in her typical comfortable clothes, not caring one bit. But she still looks gorgeous in it.

"You're not. Go, open it! He's waiting!"

"Let him! Maybe he'll leave."

She really doesn't want me to be here. No, no, she wants, just acts as if she didn't. Right. Takes me time to learn, sorry, but eventually, I hope I will learn how women work and how to decipher their incredibly hard language.

"Luna!", he raises his voice and I hear faint barking probably coming from her dog.

"Shh, Scar, shh!", she tries to shush him, and I chuckle to myself when my mind forms a picture of her, putting her finger on her lips.

"Open the door!"

"Fine!"

She opens the door abruptly and aggressively and I gasp, surprised to see her so soon, while I have been trying to make my hair look better. I should have used that gel. I look at her, taking in the scowl between her eyebrows and her green eyes sending fire. I open my mouth to say hi, but she beats me.

"Nah, he's not here, he left", she says, not even once glancing at me and I'm sad because I want to feel that privilege of having her emerald eyes focused on me. She rushes to close the door, but my hand on it stops her. That is finally when those eyes lay on mine, sending me a death glare telling me to go.

You want me to stay, I know, srce. (heart)

Scar walks past her, and she finally closes her mouth, dropping her gaze from mine. I guess that her dog is probably saying welcome, as he jumps on me and I smile, caressing his head.

"Hi, Scar! How are you?"

"Hi, Boris, sorry that you have been waiting." The grandfather appears next to Luna who is leaning on the door frame. She is trying to avoid my gaze, and I notice how she is biting the inner side of her cheek. The man looks at her as if he can really see her bored face.

"Hi, sir. Oh, no, it's no problem. I hope I'm not late." I smile, trying to avoid Luna's death glares.

"Late? No! You came just in time. Come in." He gestures for me to come in, moving to make space for me. I glance at Luna, who has bowed her head in order to avoid my gazes, pretending to be busy by looking at her nails. I just hope she isn't angry that I'm here. My last wish is to make her uncomfortable in her own house. That is certainly not my intention and I hope she knows it.