5. Do you know where Serbia is?

I pull my car over at the parking lot, and while stepping out of it, I try to stop my insecure thoughts that are running in my head

I pull my car over at the parking lot, and while stepping out of it, I try to stop my insecure thoughts that are running in my head. Then I hear a whistle, which makes the thoughts stop.

"Oh, bro... What a car!", Jason whistles and wraps his strong and long arm around my neck. I try to stretch it to take a look at his eyes because he is really tall. Like 6,6 feet. Yeah, I'll definitely give him 6,6 feet.

"How tall are you?", I blurt out my thought, still stretching my neck and looking at him.

"Six and four feet", he retorts and my eyes widen. I was really close.

"That's a lot", I mumble and he shrugs, pulling me to school, his arm still around my neck, dragging my tiny frame with his tall figure. Yeah, I decide that I definitely feel so tiny next to him. I'm only 5, 8 feet.

"Yo, the car is lit!", another friend of Jason joins us and pats my shoulder.

"Thank you."

"Wanna give me a ride later?", he suggests, winking at me.

"Yeah, why not?", I smile again, trying to be polite.

"Bradon, fuck off! You can't ask for a ride just because you like the car. First, be nice with our new boy", Jason hisses, still pulling me with his arm and I get a feeling like he's my older brother who is trying to protect his younger one.

Even though it's been a half of the week, I still have the nickname the new boy and I wonder when it will go away, though I don't actually mind it, how I thought I would. I pictured this way worse- me without friends, alone during the breaks, and lunch, wandering through the long and same halls until I realize that I'm going in circles, lost like a puppy. Thank God it didn't turn at all how I imagine it would.

"Oh, Gosh, captain, chill!", the guy whom Jason called Brandon rolls his eyes and disappears.

"I hate the people who just use others", the guy whose arms are dragging me through the parking lot, groans. "You have no idea how many times he tried to use me. So, don't think that I'm being a dick. I mean, I am, but I'm just trying to protect you."

"Captain?", I turn to him, still in awe of how this tall blonde boy who plays rugby wants to protect me as if I really was his brother.

"Yeah, I'm captain of the rugby team, tennis player", he chuckles. "Why's that weird?"

"It's not", I shrug, "I just didn't know. So, how did I earn your protection, captain?", I joke, chuckling and feeling as if I really maybe inherited dad's sense of humor. He stops walking suddenly, turns to me, and puts his big hands on my small shoulder, squeezing them.

His face becomes serious, though sadness lingers on it, as well. "I recognized myself in you. You are so pure and well... and no offense, but you are definitely naive and believe everyone. That's exactly how I was two years ago. Now... I realized that not everything was pink in this life."