36. I will take down the moon for you

I take out the chocolate from the vending machine and put my wallet in the pocket of my jacket

I take out the chocolate from the vending machine and put my wallet in the pocket of my jacket. I smile to myself. Luna is going to be so happy when she sees what I'm bringing her. I can't wait to see that gorgeous smile on her face again. She looked so cute when her granddad told her that she had chocolate in the fridge that was basically empty when her face enlightened. It made me smile automatically, and I need to bite my lip now, to prevent myself from smiling. I quickly walk to where I have left her.

I hope she hasn't left. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if she has left. I again smile at myself. How can this girl make me smile even when she is not next to me?

I approach the seats on which I remember I left her sitting, but she is not there. I frown slightly. Please, God, don't let that she has left. Her hand needs to be cured. Just then I hear her sweet, but a raspy voice. Though she holds some fear. What if... What if Manuel came here?

I quickly turn in the corner to find her back turned to me. A nurse is talking to her, and I let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding.

"I'm sorry, you have mistaken me for someone else", she says, and I frown deeper. I slowly approach her and notice how she is shaking. Before I can place my hand on her shoulder, to tell her that I'm here for her, a nurse I haven't seen says something that shocks me.

"Of course, I didn't, Luna. You're the strangest case that no one could ever cure. No matter what they prescribed you. Your insomnia is still being discussed among doctors sometimes."

Insomnia.

Insomnia.

Insomnia.

The word hits me just how it hit me when I was at hers at lunch. So, it was that. She is ill. She suffers from insomnia.

But, I thought that she can't sleep sometimes, not that she is the biggest and strangest case that no one could ever cure. How is that possible? She... she...

"She can sleep in the morning", I blurt out, and I think I dropped the chocolate that I was holding for her to make her happy. Now all of that is blown. I try to look at her face, but she turns her head to the side and buries it in her shoulder as if she could sense that my eyes were searching for her. Why is she hiding from me? She isn't thinking that I had planned all of this, is she?

"For how long? An hour? Or two if she's lucky? Just like I remember. She would fall asleep next to the window after the dawn rises and would wake up soon afterward. How long has it been, Luna?"

Why does this nurse know Luna? Who is she? Why does Luna look embarrassed and scared? What is going on? These are just some of the questions that are going round and round in my head.

"You think that the doctors here don't know what that psychiatrist had told you? The nurses? Hell, that's why she told you to wait an hour. Because she has announced to everyone that the girl with the scar had come. And after she looked at your history she had to tell everyone that the famous Luna came back. Everyone knows Luna who can't sleep since..."