48. Cotton candy

She came and I'm ditching school because someone hurt her

She came and I'm ditching school because someone hurt her. Don't lecture me know, please, I just wanted to let you know, I type dad.

Lecture you? That's my son, he replies.

Okay, but please defend me in front of mom.

Oh, don't you worry about mom.

I chuckle and shake my head, already knowing how dad is going to ease mom's anger once she finds out I escaped school.

"Who are you texting to?", Luna's voice snaps me from my thoughts and I turn to her.

She has her hands in the pockets of her beige sweatpants while walking slowly through the park I brought her to.

Hey, that's the first place where I found something about her, so I thought why not.

After I made her put some cold bag of vegetables I found in the store I stopped to, so the redness on her cheek would calm down, I brought her here.

It's a good thing that I keep my wallet in the car, otherwise, I couldn't buy anything without taking my backpack that I had Jason take with himself.

"No one, I send a text to Jason, and you know him, teasing as always."

I did send him a message, so I'm not lying. He responded of course, with a silly text, saying okay, make sure to kiss her. And of course, I ignored him.

I would love to kiss her, of course, but not before I make sure that she won't run straight after it.

"Yeah, I do know him", she sighs, and I look at her when I shove my phone into my pocket.

"Do you... Is something going on between you two?"

Dammit, Boris!

You are really an idiot for asking that. And her eyes tell me that, as well, once she snaps her head in my direction.

"What could be going on between us two?" She frowns, crossing her arms against her chest, and starting to push cobbles off the road with her old Nike shoes.