72. My only friend

But I didn't

But I didn't. I didn't fall asleep even after Mencía's soft singing that was actually really good no matter her raspy voice, and I don't know why she didn't want to accept the compliment I kept gaving her.

I also kept apologizing that I didn't fall asleep, and she kept telling me that I didn't have anything to apologize for. Seem that we both can't accept certain things that each other one says.

She escorted me to my house, we walked in complete silence, the only sound was coming from our heels (of course, Mencía's were higher, so higher that I don't know how she didn't fall and break them on those cabble roads, but somehow she didn't) clicking, and the smoke coming from our mouth each time we opened them to exhale the nicotine.

"So, how was the second night sleep?", grandpa asks me, excited, clapping his hands once he sits on the chair at the table where he prepared some breakfast.

Happy. He's happy. I felt him when I came back home, when I lied back in bed, covered with sheets, how he came in the room, checking up on me, caressing my hair, whispering:

"I'm so happy, Lulu, that you are finally sleeping. God listened to my prayers that I never stopper saying."

And as soon as I heard him leave my room, I started sobbing, shaking with the bed, burrying my head in the pillow so he doesn't hear the sobs, I for some reason couldn't stop. I want to say that those were haply sobs, but I know I would be lying then.

And no, I kept consoling myself, I wasn't crying because I couldn't sleep scared that was just one time thing. I could. I can. It's just that I jad a hard night, and it must be from all the nicotine I inhaled that messed with my brain, and didn't let me rest, keeping me imprisoned just how my body is.

And I know that this night I will sleep. It's Tuesday, so I don't have to go to the club, and I will sleep peacefully just how I was on Sunday night when I was in his arms.

And seeing grandpa's happy face, I can't just tell him the truth, to break his kind heart, the one that cried from happiness when I told him that I had slept after 10 years. Eleven almost.

I couldn't break the person who, when I came back yesterday to change for the club, and take Scar back, he jumped on me, and picked me up in the air, and I squeaked scared that we were going to fall. But he seemed to strong as if he has been eating these years healthy, taking medw, and just taking care of himself when in fact he hadn't.  And neither have I. He spun us around, and he laughed so hard that I had to join him, happy to see him like that.

"My Lulu", he said, pulling me to his chest, still holding me in the air. "My Lulu can finally sleep! God, thank you! See, that I told you that he indeed existed!"

He tried to make me believe in God again, but I still can't for some reason, I'm still hesitating. Seems that deep down, I knew that I wasn't God who my date with sleep but someone else, someone whose name starts with B, who has cute curls that he's insecure about, considering how many times he runs his hand through them. He thinks I didn't see. Hell, I did. I saw everything I had to see when it comes to him.