6

-Calixto's POV-

-Calixto's POV-

"Please brother! You just have to teach Literature!!" Lippe begged me, tears welling up her eyes.

" *sigh* fine, but you do know the soulmate I rejected goes there."

"I know, I know but thank you..seriously. I interviewed many "Literature Professors" but they don't meet the standards. "

"I hope the woman I'm filling in for has a healthy pregnancy. I'm putting myself in the spot of being confronted by my soulmate."

But little did I know that wasn't the case. That what I thought was the exact opposite.

I stepped on the stage and gave my speech. I looked around and saw my the woman I rejected. She wasn't even paying attention. She was just staring at random men with a serious look.

When there was a wave of applause, she became slightly startled since she wasn't paying attention in the first place and turned to face my direction, clapping as well..

When everything ended she walked away but before she did she looked back and met my eyes. She gave me a small smile and bowed before she continued to leave.

What?

I didn't even felt the soulmate connection, I'm certain that's her but she didn't even react.

It was time for me to teach my last class for the day. I scanned the room and noticed there was a student behind that huge man.

I looked to see if she really is who I think she is, I checked the name list and tried to call out to see if it really was her.

"Ms. Whitfield, can you see there? Would you like to change seats?"

"I'm far sighted, sir. I can see here, thank you though."

She replied without a care and looked out of the window again. I followed her line of sight and noticed she was staring at random men again.

While I was giving my lesson she still wasn't paying attention. I coughed a bit louder than normal people to get her attention.

She shooked her head and blinked a few times and finally listened to the lecture.

I felt a little bothered by her peircing silver stare.

Class soon ended and the class representative volunteered to help me bring all the paperwork to the teachers office. She was suddenly called so she asked a different student to help me.

The student was Aera.

She looked at the stack of papers as if it was her biggest enemy. She lifted up half of it and it reached all the way over her head.

She waddled her way to the teachers office. When she gently placed it on the ground, it almost fell. She immediately hugged it and repeatedly saying in a small voice,

"Don't you dare fall, Don't you dare fall."

She stepped away with her hands infront of her, she then faced me.

"Mr. Crx- I mean ehem..Sir Laurier, I have finished my task. I shall go now."

What name was she going to say?

"Ms. Whitfield, sorry for the question but have you met your soulmate?"

I asked genuinely confused about how I cannot feel the soulmate connection and I can't just touch her.

"Its fine Sir, you're not the first to ask but yes I have"

She has?

"Do you care about him or them?"

"Not really"

I was anticipating a response like this, but it still feels bad to hear it, its stupid I know since I'm the one who rejected her.

"Well if that's all, bye then"

She then hurridely runs off.

I arrived home early, and it appeared that only Devereux had returned. I knocked on his door but received no response. When I opened the door, I found him on his computer, watching YouTube videos?

It's unusual for him to just sit and watch, so I inquired as to what he was so enthralled by.

"5 minutes of Rene Esme being a Savage "

...What?

I looked at his expressions and he seemed really entertained. He probably doesn't know she's our soulmate but I sat back to watch the attitude of this mate of ours has.

"There's something wrong with the picture." She said.

"It's probably just your face being ugly" her sister jokingly teased.

"Bxtch your phone literally unlocked when it saw my face." She deadpanned. An instant reply!

Damn, she tried roasting her just to get slapped back hard!

In another scene, you can see a man who was recognized as her ex-boyfriend came in and tried to take some of the pizza she was holding.

This seemed like it was a behind the scenes rehersals of the latest series they did.

She did a twirl and avoided his hands.

"Roses are red, pizza sauce is too. I bought a large, and none of it are for you." she grabbed a cheese pizza, pointed it at him and walked away eating it.

She's got an attitude. How cute.

There was another behind the scene with her ex-boyfriend.

"Olivia, I'll travel the whole world for you!" He said his line while referring to her name in the series.

"LordDick, do me a favor and don't comeback."

"Again!"

"Let me hold your hand.." He said

"No thanks, its not even heavy" she shrugged her shoulders.

"Again!!"

"I'll catch the stars for you!"

"And what made you think I wanna have that? What am I even gonna do with it? " She rolled her eyes.

"Again!!!" the director instead of getting angry laughed.

"I'm so stupid!"

"Bruh that's old news, have you been living under a rock or something?" She raised her eyebrow

"Stooopp!"

"But, you'll be poor.."

"Well if I were to make money for every dumb word you say, I'd be rich." She threw her hands up

Fxck that one has got to hurt. Jeeze I don't want to be up against that knife of hers.

After the video ended he clicked on another.

I didn't notice everyone was already back home until someone knocked on Devereux's door

He turned around and saw me.

"Woah, I didn't hear you come in"

"I've been here since an hour ago"

To be Continued . . .