59

"Pfft- hehehe, it actually isn't as scary as it seemed. I just thought how pathetic his security must be." I laughed while watching the television from the back of the car where I sat next to Devereux.

I ate a cup of ice cream while leaning my head onto his. We were heading to Flinton Inc. for the collaboration project.

"Doesn't his family own a security technology company?" Devereux asked.

"He does, that's what makes it funnier. I mean how could the perpetrator have slipped through their fingers when the surveillance was being monitored by someone by their company since that hotel was also owned by his mother and they are super freaking strict with their rules." I explained.

'Wait a minute..that was unless..'

"Unless the perpetrator was someone from their company itself." He stated while looking at me.

"..right.

I never thought of that. What if the person was from their company? Hwan Oppa asked for some of the surveillance footage and it did prove that it happened right after Lykos left the hotel when he booked it.

So I'd rule Lykos out of the equation, which leaves me to think that it might be a fan? or a sasaeng? or maybe someone who has a grudge against me? I wonder..

We finally arrived at the front of the Flinton Inc. building. Devereux preferred that I use a wheelchair but I had my cast removed yesterday. It's been two months, I'm already fully healed.

My Graduation is right around the corner as well as the preparation for my black belt in taekwondo. But that comes after my graduation, there's a series of events that I need to attend before graduation.

That would be the Field Trip, Practices, and more practices for school. 

Devereux stepped out first, the guards offered to assist him to fix my wheelchair but he insisted on doing it himself. As usual, there were paparazzi waiting but that didn't seem to bother him as he was very focused on what he was doing.

 When he was satisfied with what he did, he opened the door next to me. He took a step back and seemingly admired my outfit. It was from my Mother's brand so she made sure I was presentable for today's meeting.

She wanted people to see me as more mature with a simple and clean appearance. 

"You look very beautiful today

"You look very beautiful today. Your hair and makeup are just amazing, you did great." He complimented me.

I smiled at him, thankful that he noticed that I was the one who did them this morning. He lifted me up, princess style to the wheelchair. Now, this is what you call fan service.

Why? Because his chest muscles are perfection. I'm leaning against it and I can feel each outline of this mass hotness.

If it weren't for the fact that I am an actress, I would be giggling like an idiot right now.

So if the stupid media wants to label me as a double-timer then so be it, fuck it all! Devereux is a way better choice than that ugly scummy peacock. His pecks says it all. Damn, he's hot.

Instead of my bodyguard pushing me in, it was him. He never hid any ounce of his affection towards me during the whole meeting till the end when we had to leave.

It was a success, it was a collaboration between five big luxury fashion companies. Surprisingly my mother's representative was there. My mother couldn't come since my sister is sick and she wanted to be the one to take care of her.

It was because of the incoming huge beauty pageants. The host of the beauty pageant was Flinton Inc. and they are a big company to be able to afford all of our services to even make a collaboration.

The overall outfits will come from My mother's company, Willow Brook, Devereux's company, Mon Amour, and lastly from another company Diamant.

The makeup would be from Rosebud and Zaffiro.

. . .

"You want to take a picture of me...professionally?" I asked Devereux in an amused tone.

"Yes, I am a professional photographer." He smiled proudly.

" *chuckle* Sure, but for what occasion?" 

"I want to be the one to take your Graduation Photos. The one that will flash on your screen in the University..and another with us when you get your diploma." His face turned from a proud smile to an endearing one.

There's one thing to note about him..he couldn't graduate with the rest of his classmates. He never got to experience throwing his cap in the air or gathering with his loved ones in school to celebrate. 

It had something to do with his trauma, he was paranoid that Meredith would just pop out of nowhere then and he couldn't stand being near a woman. He graduated at the same age as me in the advanced program.

"Alright.." I patted his hand which was in a tight grip around together. 

I want to meet their families someday. Maybe when I make up my mind to accept them. They say that they are planning to recite the acceptance rite for soulmates on a day they had planned for. For some reason, I couldn't believe it. 

I suppose it was because they rejected me before? but I'm positive one of the reasons is that fucking peacock, Lykos.

I curse him almost every given chance of the day, hoping that someday I would get the chance to just whoop his ass.

(A/n: hehe)

After the meeting, we ate together at a local restaurant. We didn't eat anything fancy and I preferred it that way. We were planning on visiting my grandmother but before doing so Devereux wanted to buy her a gift. On top of the gift, he already bought her.

"Do you think that she'd like this one or this one?" He asked unsurely as he held to baskets of beautiful flowers.

I laughed and told him to buy pink tulips instead. She absolutely adores Red tulips and has them all over her house back in Korea.

He followed what I said and bought the most expensive basket he could find. He then took out a handwritten letter that was splendidly written.

"So that was why you stayed up last night. I could see your light open from my room." I laughed.

"How- ..yes, yes it was.." He laughed awkwardly as he has been exposed. 

When we were right in front of my grandmother's hospital room, I could see that he started becoming nervous.

"..Don't worry, she'd love it." I patted his head while leaning against him.

He sighed a breath of relief and opened the door. Just when I thought everything was going so well, he just had to bow on the floor.

My grandmother was quite shocked to see a young gentleman, looking as if he has been tormented to sit and bow down to her.

"*sigh* Devereux.." I facepalmed.

.

.

.

"How was the meeting? 

To be Continued. . .