47

Calixto locked eyes with me and I smiled and gave them a wave

I had to use the comfort room so I have an excuse to not be here~ Well I didn't think of after I used the toilet..

"You were too close with your co-star." Devereux sulked.

"That was unfair..." Alicai crossed his arms.

"Well, Life's unfair isn't it?" I smiled.

I separated from Sir Seth to let him drive with Hana alone. I trust him and I'm inside their Limousine, I needed to attend the dinner party but they wanted to tag along.

"Won't people start speculating?" I raised.

"Speculate what?" Viktor asked.

"That you guys might be my mates? The internet is a scary thing, sooner or later they'll find out how many mates I have based on my mark in my wrist and then piece things together."

"It's fine." Calixto shrugged.

"No it's not, For one it will be bad for your businesses. You might lose partners and buyers, the stocks could go down too. Two, you will be seen as heartless, stupid, and idiotic bastards by the media."

"But it is the truth, we rejected you without properly knowing you. Karma will get us someday and we are well prepared to face it." Revere explained.

I raised a brow and showed a face of 'yeah right', "Hm..you say that now but we'll see." I rolled my eyes.

"Aera, your back." Soren who always sat beside me since the accident placed his right hand on my back to fix my posture gently. I still have the stitches and he takes care of me to make sure it heals properly. I tend to forget about it so helps me with it.

We soon arrived at the venue, I wonder if they prepared for this since the limousine rolled out a ramp where someone like me, in a wheelchair, can easily go down.

Even here had paparazzi. They weren't expecting me to be coming out since I heard expressions of surprise.

I retained a smile and waved at the fans while being pushed in by Soren.

My family just arrived and they sat near where we were. I sat where the main casts were and my mates sat at the table across ours.

Sung-Ho was sitting beside me as we made idle talk, the director came in and congratulated the team and we started eating after a speech or two.

He spoke in both Korean and English so everyone could understand.

After a while, I excused myself to go to the balcony. I don't always need someone to push me, I can do it on my own.

I parked my wheelchair at the side and enjoyed the breeze of the cold air hitting my face.

"Rene?" I looked behind me and Sung-Ho walked out to where I was, holding a wine glass.

He offered me a glass and I gratefully took it. He asked me about the accident, he apologized but I said it was fine and that I was ok with talking about it.

"Was there anything off before you fell?"

"..Well, I'm not entirely sure and I don't want to blame anybody but..yeah never mind." I laughed awkwardly.

I then heard footsteps behind us so I turned my head to look and it was Viktor. He approached me and crouched on the ground to meet me eye to eye.

"Mrs. Whitfield said that we should go now so that you could rest." He said. I nodded my head and bid goodbye to Sung-Ho. Before leaving, I talked with the director and the rest.

Viktor brought me back to their limousine to drive back to the hotel. While inside the car they started asking me questions,'

"I overheard what you talked about with your co-actor. You seemed hesitant, can you please tell us what you meant by you saying something was off?" Viktor pleaded.

My eyes widen and I couldn't think of an excuse, "W-well, it wasn't anything. Seriously." shit now I sound like cassie.

"Aera, it's fine.." Revere looked at me in the eyes.

"...Mr. M-Maro, he smirked right before I fell. Almost a threatening one and our last conversation with each other was rather..weird."

"What do you mean?"

"You were great, Mr. Maro." I complimented him with a smile. He gazed over me and raised a brow.

"If you make it, he sure is lucky." He snarked.

"H-hm?"  I squinted my eyes in confusion. 

"Nothing, you were great too." He then left.

 They went silent and had complicated expressions plastered on their faces. I also don't know what he could mean by it except that..but it's impossible. I would just be overthinking since I might be just mad that I was rejected because of him.

No one spoke a word throughout the car ride but my head was leaned against Calixto's shoulder. 

.

.

.

"Aera, I would like to ask you a question," Revere asked seriously.

I gulped nervously. It was all over the news, I just went through a 9-hour long interrogation with my family and until now they haven't gotten over it. Now I have to face my mates, I completely forgot to inform them about it.

"Hm? about what?" I feigned ignorance.

"Lykos. You are dating Lykos Stoll." Soren smiled but his smile didn't reach his eyes at all.

"Oh, that? Psh~...Yes, Yes I am. BUT it's for work purposes only."

"What do you mean by "work purposes" ? " Devereux raised a brow.

"Well you see here is the situation, my boss told me that I have to be in a fake relationship with him to get the media to focus on us since we both have movies that are either about to be released or have already been released. I didn't want to but I had to follow what he said because of my contract with my company." I explained.

"You are incredibly famous, I doubt you need to do this. There's already enough spark about the series and movies." Viktor assessed.

"If he truly does want you to have a famous boyfriend then he shouldn't be the one, you are more well known than he is. If anyone should be your boyfriend then one of us could fit the description, wouldn't we?" Alicai proposed. 

I stared at their faces and they were all taking this very seriously. Calixto even tried negotiating with me that we should just tell my company's CEO to just fuck off. Even to the extent that he'll just buy the company itself.

"NO! You guys are NOT going to buy the company. That's a no, do you guy's understand?!" 

"...Yes.." They sulked.

"Aish.." I sighed.

To be Continued . . .