56

"Excuse me but what was it again?" I asked while scratching my ears to be sure.

"You are going to attend the meeting on my behalf." My grandmother said with a smile.

"Grandma, are you sure about that?" I quizzed once more.

"Of course I am, you are my heir." 

I gave up and accepted her reasonings. It is true, I will be the one to inherit her company so I would need to attend things like this on her behalf but I'm not quite fond of it because the reason wasn't because of something valid of accomplishments but because she is in the hospital.

"And that's what we talked about," I told my mates.

"Where is the meeting held?" Devereux asked.

"At Flinton Inc." Then they looked at each other.

"Devereux will be attending that meeting conference as well. As far as I know, it is supposed to collaborate with different high-end brands, Mon Amour is one of them." Alicai explained.

"Your grandmother is the CEO of Rosebud?" to which I nodded my head.

"I've met her before, Mrs. Lee was quite the spunky woman. She always had this cold air around her and her gaze wasn't very welcoming." Calixto said while his face scrunching while remembering his first encounter with my grandmother.

"Really? She does have a bad resting bitch face but she's honestly really nice. Right, Soren?" 

"You've met her?" Revere looked at Soren.

"I have, just yesterday in fact. She was kinder than she looked." He explained.

They went to talk about the attitude of my grandmother and how they should approach her if ever they were going to introduce themselves.

"You guys will really go and visit my grandmother and introduce yourselves as my mates who rejected her granddaughter?" I raised my brow in amusement.

"..Yes?"

"Go for it" I chuckled.

I then suddenly got a call from Sir Seth,

"Yes?"

"Go turn on your tv and check the news." He said.

I asked Viktor if he could and when the channel turned to the news. The reporter stated that someone broke into Lykos' apartment and ransacked it. They did not steal anything specifically but did leave it in a horrible mess and even vandalized his room.

It made my stomach drop to see what were written.

SHE'S MINE! SHE'S MINE! SHE'S MINE! SHE'S MINE! BREAK UP! BREAK UP! BREAK UP! BREAK UP!

"D-Don't tell me that it was my..stalker who d-did that." I pointed at the television.

It was quickly turned back off by Viktor and Revere walked towards me,

"Don't think about it, ok? It'll be fine.." He whispered while hugging me.

I don't care that my stalker invaded my stupid boyfriend's apartment but what scared me was how. How the fuck could he do that, Lykos is literally the son of the highest tech security and even a politician father. 

So, how??

My parents caught wind of the news and added more security just in case. Viktor and the others did not let me have a moment that I would be left alone outside and made sure that someone would always be escorting me.

The police had come to a conclusion that whoever the stalker was, it was either he was really tactful, a great hacker, or someone fucking rich. To even be able to get in a politician's son's apartment/ condominium unit that is supposed to have one of the best security. It should be impossible.

The day that I would be attending the meeting in my grandmother's stead was fast coming, but before that, I needed to have another publicity stunt with Lyko. That also meant that I had to talk with the CEO of the company I work for.

"Are you playing with me, Miss Whitfield??" Baldy glared at me.

"Whatever do you mean, Mister Ward?" I batted my eyes.

"Do you want to get fired?? Don't you think that I don't know what you did last time with Mister Stoll? I will not accept such behavior!"

"Oh no, how scary~" 

"*frustration noises* Miss Whitfield, I am giving you this one last chance to fix yourself. Tomorrow you will go on a date with Mister Stoll in Aurelian Mall. Don't mess it up."

He then told me to get out. Aurelian Mall, the mall where Devereux and Alicai both own shares and where one of Devereux's stores is also opened as Aurelian Mall is the mall for people who are rich and for privacy and exclusivity.

Of course, the paparazzi will manage to take pictures if only they were hired, in my case, exactly that.

Anyway, for my lovely and most enjoyable and exciting date, I have decided to go all out with how rich I am. I wore a long sleeve with some random cartoon and lettering print on it, a windbreaker vest that was short-sleeved, and my trusty extra loose sweatpants/leggings, a worn-out vizor, and crocs to finish the look.

Makeup? who is she? Hairdo? A bun will do the trick. Public Image? Eh, fuck it.

I walked out of the room to see my mates waiting for me after they found out my date was today.

"You look.." Revere trailed.

"Absolutely amazing!" Viktor said with a smile and pecked the top of my head.

"The vest actually really suits you," Soren said while adjusting it.

"She's date ready~" Devereux cheered.

"Aera, before you forget. Remember, I will no longer be your professor in two days since your real professor is coming back from her maternity leave. You nearly failed your last exam." Calixto reminded with a slight chuckle but the worry was evident in his tone.

" I know, I wasn't able to focus much last time. Sorry, I'll do better." 

"If you need help, both Revere and Devereux are surprisingly good at it." 

"You guys are??" I asked both of them and they just shrugged. I'll take that as a yes.

There was a knock by the door, Sir Seth was leaning on the door frame with funky sunglasses on his hands. His face with a large grin.

"We wouldn't want you to be late on your date, don't we?" He said while wiggling the sunglasses.

"Of course, who would want to miss such an amazing and precious moment, am I right?" I laughed.

"Don't stray too far from your bodyguards, ok Aera?" Alicai said.

"Please don't go anywhere with him alone, as well. For safety purposes." Calixto worried once more.

"I won't, I'm going now. See you guys later." I bid and left with Seth.

-Third Person's POV-

"It's quite weird to send your own mate on a date with someone else, no?" Devereux scrunched his eyebrows as he thought about Lykos.

" Tell me about it.." The rest of them sighed.

To Be Continued . . .