Chapter 31: Surpises All Around

This chapter finally includes some Yelena. I don't think it has any big spoilers for the movie, but I do mention some small things. So I guess read this on your own risk?

Another Monday morning. Natasha had driven Maya to school and came home to Katya lying on the couch in front of the TV. Outside, it was pouring, so there wasn't much to do. She had climbed on top of her wife and roped her into a lazy makeout session that had been going on for almost fifteen minutes now. It was all smiles and hums. Nothing more.

Katya slipped her hands under Natasha's sweater and ran her hands up and down her back slowly, tracing every scar with her fingers. She felt so safe here. Pressed between the couch and her wife's body. A warmth spread in her chest, butterflies messing with her stomach.

But her lazy mind also caused it to drift off. So the next time Natasha had to pull back for air, Katya let her thoughts slip out. ''Did you call your sister about the party yet?'' 

Natasha gave her a dry look. ''We're making out and you're thinking about my sister?'' Her eyes flickered back and forth between Katya's, her soft breath travelling over her face by how close she was.

''Sorry,'' Katya chuckled, pulling her down by her neck to pull her in for more kisses, but she had messed with the mood too much. Damn brain had to go and mess up this gentle moment.

''I swear, sometimes I wonder if you like her more than me,'' Natasha muttered against her lips. For the first time she moved away from them and pressed feather light kisses to Katya's jaw and cheeks.

''You should be glad we get along as well as we do,'' Katya answered with her eyes closed, bathing in this warm feeling. Her hand trailed further up and now played with Natasha's long hair. ''You know what?''

''What?'' Natasha muttered against her skin, slowly kissing from her ear to her lips.

''She should stay over for a week or so. Maya has been begging to see her mom's sister and we could do a bit of family bonding time.''

Natasha pulled back to look at her, one skeptical eyebrow raised. ''It's going to be chaos.''

''Come on. She'll like it. Maya will like it. I will like it.'' She put on her pleading face, the one that always pulled Natasha across the line. She could resist a lot, but not that.

She sighed, narrowing her eyes. ''Fine. Guess I'll have to look after three children for a week.'' Her complaint got her chuckles from the woman under her. She sat up after leaving one last lingering kiss to Katya's lips and went to give her some privacy, disappearing into the kitchen. Katya watched her with an adoring smile, shaking her head to clear it some and scrambling to sit up as well. 

Her phone was on the coffee table, and she looked for the number she should have called or texted more often. Surprisingly, the blonde picked up quickly. 

''Katariina. Nice to hear from you.'' Her sarcastic tone was back immediately, and Katya had to smother her chuckle.

''Oh, come on. You know it's Katya. You're just using it to bully me,'' she complained, sitting back in the couch cushions, playing with the hem of her sweater. 

''No. I completely forgot after not hearing from you in months, Katariina.''  Yelena's thick Russian accent had faded a tiny bit after months in the States, but anyone could hear she wasn't from around here.

A chuckle left Katya's mouth. ''You're such a dick.''

''Is there any reason you're calling. Or can I go back to eating my breakfast?''