Chapter 60: Christmas (Part 4)

I sprinkled in some spice ;) As much as I was comfortable with.

Naturally, the conversation landed on Wanda's pregnancy. The kids were exhausted, and all sat on the couch, sipping their soda quietly. The silence left space for the adults to finally speak to each other properly. And there was no way around Wanda's stomach. Almost literally.

''So you don't want to give me one hint?'' Katya whined. That was about the third time she asked that question, only in different words.

She had been bugging Wanda about best friend privileges when it came to knowing the babies' names, but she kept her mouth shut tightly. Even Vision somehow didn't spoil it. He blurted the weirdest things, but this, he didn't disclose anything about.

The witch smiled knowingly. ''No. Sorry, but you have to wait like the others.'' She wasn't one to joke around a lot or be really smug. But she, for sure, looked really smug now.

Katya sunk back in her chair, pouting. It earned her a quiet chuckle from Natasha, who she still had on her lap. That woman preferred her thighs as opposed to a wooden chair, apparently. Not that there were any complaints from Katya's side. Natasha provided both safety and warmth. 

''Can we guess?'' Tony suddenly threw out. Everyone had been invested in Katya and Wanda's conversation, but if there was one person who couldn't handle not knowing something, it was Stark.

Carelessly, Wanda shrugged. As if she knew nobody would guess anyway. ''Sure.''

''Javascript and Microsoft.''

Everyone absolutely burst out laughing. Pepper slapped and scolded Tony softly while he smirked proudly, looking around like he was the boss. People gasped for breath and wiped tears from their faces, all slightly buzzed. Even Wanda giggled along, urging Vision to do the same though he appeared offended.

''What the hell kind of names are those?'' Natasha exclaimed between her laughs. She laughed carefree, her perfect teeth on full show while her cheeks reddened. Katya's favorite. She didn't catch the giggles like this often, but when she did, it was beautiful.

Katya gasped and lightly slapped her thigh. ''Baby, language! There are kids,'' she scolded playfully. But it was too late. One certain brown-haired little girl perked up on the couch.

''Shit!''

Just when everyone managed to calm down a bit, they burst into more laughs. Innocently, Morgan giggled behind her soda, enjoying the attention and the knowledge that she could make people laugh. Behavior they knew all too well from her dad. 

Tony started to panic, throwing her a warning look while side-eyeing Pepper nervously. ''No. No, what did we agree on? That it is mom's word.''

''I never agreed to that,'' Morgan replied, sipping more soda through the straw in her cup. Seeing Tony trying to reason with her where she had no intention of listening was hilarious. He knew what it was like now.

Pissed, Pepper turned to him. ''Since when does she know that word?! Did you teach her that?!''

''I didn't know she was in the room when I said it,'' he quickly defended himself, gesturing grandly. ''I didn't even say it. It was more like a whisper.''

''Kids pick up the things they shouldn't. That's what you said to me.'' Oh, she was pissed pissed, ignoring the laughs around her.

''Your own genes are coming back to bite you in the ass,'' Clint taunted Tony. He came back from the kitchen with more after-dinner snacks. And even though they stuffed their faces before, almost everyone reached for the coffee table they had shoved back in place, the Twister mat gone.