Prologue

Somewhere in the human world...

The sky was dark and rain was pouring down, setting the mood for the evening. The entire household was already gloomy for the past few months and the woman sighed as she stared outside the window. It's been 10 months since her daughter had gone missing and there were no news of her ever since then. Her younger twin children, a boy and a girl, looked outside as well with a frown. Their mother had been a bit distant ever since the disappearance of their sister and they too were worried. The door to the study room opened and closed without much noise as a man walked inside.

"We'll find her honey, I know we will," the man hugged the woman's shoulder trying to comfort her as he too stare outside.

"I'm just so worried, what happened to her? Where is she? Is she hurt? Sick? What if she's..." She trailed off unable to say the words out loud.

"Shh don't say that, I'm sure she's fine and we will find her," he hugged her tighter because even then he knew it could be a possibility but he refuse to think that their daughter is dead. She sighed and snuggled closer to her husband, thoughts of her lost child still on her mind.

The twins watch their parents sadly. They want to help but they don't know how. Nobody is sure what to do with the situation and it's frustrating them.

"Hey, do you think..." The boy started but he never did finish the question, not that he needed to.

"No, don't say that," the girl shook her head refusing to think that their older sister might be dead. The two of them sigh and stare into the fire.

"I just wish there's something, anything we could do to help," he leaned back against the couch and closed his eyes.

"I hope, that wherever she is, there's a guardian angel with her," she said quietly.

"Guardian angel? You believe in those stuff? How old are you?" The boy opened one of his eyes to look at his twin.

"Shut up, I know we're not religious or anything but maybe... just maybe one will be there to take care and protect her," she glared at him before shifting her gaze to their parents.

"I guess you do make a point.... then let's hope that if there is one, a guardian is protecting her," the boy sighed again feeling dejected that there wasn't more that he could do.

Somewhere in the Celestial Realm...

The angel walked up to where Michael, the Archangel sat. "Sir?"

"Ah yes you're here, I've got some work for you to do," Michael replied with a wave of his hand, his eyes not once leaving the paper he's holding in his hand.

"Work, sir? What is it?" The angel replied, intrigued by the topic.

"Guardian angel." Michael said as he finally set down the papers.