Chapter 8

Silence fell around the room and only the clicks of two pairs of shoes against the floor could be heard.

"Why so quiet all of the sudden, did I interrupt something?" A voice said with a light chuckle.

"Lord Diavolo, I wasn't expecting you to come here. I thought you said that you had some business to take care off, why the sudden visit?" Lucifer jumped out of his seat.

"Well, I was intrigued when you contacted me and told me about an angel suddenly appearing in your house, can you blame me for being curious and wanting to meet him? Barbatos and I tried to finish our work as quick as we can and immediately came here, right Barbatos?" Diavolo laughed.

"Yes, my lord," Barbatos answered from beside Diavolo.

"You didn't have to come all the way here, Diavolo," Lucifer shook.

"Nonsense Lucifer! Now why don't we continue this meeting and maybe you could prepare us some tea, Barbatos? Lucifer you wouldn't mind Barbatos using your kitchen, would you?" Diavolo said with a smile on his face.

"No, no I wouldn't," Lucifer sighed and sat back down. Barbatos excused himself and went to the kitchen to make the tea.

"Now let's see," Diavolo turned to watch Kegan,"I'm guessing you're Kegan, am I right?"

"Yes demon prince," Kegan sneered in reply.

"Show some respect to Diavolo, Kegan," Lucifer warned him.

"Oh, apologies your Highness," Kegan said in a mocking tone, "would you like me to bow too, Lucifer?" He gave a mocking bow.

"Kegan-"

"That's enough Lucifer," Diavolo cut him off, the smile on his face gone now replaced with a serious look.

"Just so you know, I will never bow down to a demon," Kegan said, his voice laced with disgust, "what a wonder to see how much you've already fallen Lucifer," he said in clear distaste. I could just feel another argument happening judging by the tension brewing in the atmosphere. I quickly stand up ad immediately all eyes fall on me.

"I- I think I'll help Barbatos with the tea," I tried to excuse myself.

"I'm pretty sure Barbatos doesn't need any help-" Belphie started but Diavolo cut him off.

"Yes, that would probably be better MC," Diavolo nodded. Belphe looked like he wanted to argue but Lucifer locked eyes with him and after what seemed like some sort of silent conversation, Belphie grunts and looks away. "I would suggest you get along now MC," Diavolo inclined is head at the door and I quickly went outside.

"I'm following her," I heard Kegan say from inside as I walk away.

"Oh I don't think so," Diavolo stopped him.

"I am not leaving her alone with some demon, especially not that servant of yours," Kegan sneered.

"Barbatos is my butler and not just some mere servant," I didn't hear the rest of what Diavolo say as it becomes muffled due to the distance. I walked down the stairs wondering if Kegan would actually follow me but I didn't hear the door open even as I reach the bottom of the stairs. I shrug and went to the kitchen.

I found Barbatos near the counter stirring as I pushed open the door. He lifted his head to look at me. "Oh, MC it's you, what are you doing here?" He ask with a polite smile.

"Oh, I just thought you might need help with something so I came here," Barbatos just smiled as if sensing my lie.

"Was everything too tense up there that you came here as an excuse to get out?" He turned to turn off the boiling water before pouring the water out into a teapot.