Chapter 26

"I don't get why we have to stay at some demon castle," Kegan complains as I pack for our 2 night stay at the Demon Lord Castle for the party.

"Cheer up Kegan, consider it an honor, it's not everyday you get to stay at the castle,"

"And whoever said I wanted to stay there?"

"Nobody but you get what I mean. Look at the bright side Kegan, you are an angel after all, why not be positive about this?"

"That's because there is nothing positive about this and this place literally doesn't have a single bright side to look at, it's just darkness and night time all day every day," he tries to reason.

"Uh wrong, Lord Diavolo actually has a private beach and there is actual day time and night time there,"

"I don't care about some beach,"

"Well you asked for a bright place to look at here. Why are you even so grumpy about this in the first place? I don't get it,"

"Why are you happy about this? That's what I don't understand," he sighs.

"It's a party and my stay here isn't that long now, I should enjoy myself," I shrug.

"It's a demon party,"

"And your point is?" I look at him questioningly.

"It's a party held by demons, demons MC and the demon prince no less!"

"So what? Lord Diavolo isn't that bad," I wave him off.

"He is a demon, a demon. The prince of demons, MC can't you understand?"

"What is there to understand? I don' t understand why you are so pessimistic about demons, not all of them are that bad,"

"They are demons, do I need another reason?"

"Actually yes, their species don't define who they are so hating all demons because of some evil demons isn't actually fair,"

"Why are you so optimistic about them?" He groans.

"Why are you so pessimistic about them?"

"I told you-"

"I am not accepting that answer," I glare at him and continue my packing. Up till now, Lilith still hasn't told me anything about how she and Kegan met although she did tell me about how she and her husband met. Still, I'm far more intrigued with how exactly she became friends with Kegan. Does she know why he hates demons so much? Is there something behind all this hate other than just a pessimistic view towards all demons? Did something happen in the past? I have so many questions and yet Lilith seems to be pushing that topic away every time I bring it up, even telling me not to tell Kegan about who she is unless he ask and so far he hasn't even ask a single thing about her. Isn't he curious about who the little sister actually is?

"MC are you listening? Quit staring off into space," Kegan say loudly interrupting my thoughts. I turn to look at him lounging on the sofa with an annoyed look. He's sitting exactly where Lilith was the first time she came to me in my dreams.

"Did you say something earlier? I was lost in my thoughts,"

"Yes, I was giving you reasons on why you shouldn't trust demons but turns out you didn't even hear a single thing I just said. Even if I repeated everything I just said, I know you won't even listen to me," he sighs.

"Tell me why exactly are you in my room in the first place? Are you done packing? We're leaving this afternoon since Lord Diavolo set up to have lunch with all of us including those from the Purgatory Hall, why are you slacking around in here?"