Chapter 9

I've been staying at Purgatory Hall for almost a week now. It wasn't really that bad I guess and Luke was enthusiastic when he heard that I'd be staying with them which is adorable but he would then start denying stuffs when Solomon start to tease him about it. Really, I'm not sure if he's always been a tsundere or if he picked it up from Mammon, which is something they have similar beside their eyes. Luke's been really busy and energetic this past week, making sweets almost everyday for me and I actually think I'm going to somehow end up in the hospital for sugar overdose cause they're delicious and I have no self-control. But despite everything, I'm really starting to miss the brothers as I haven't really gotten much chance to spend time with them what with the amount of school work I have and apparently, they've been busy too.

I stare out at the view from the Purgatory Hall balcony. Everything is, of course, dark despite it only being 5 p.m. as there is no sun in the Devildom. A soft breeze blew my hair out of my face and I sigh as I put down the book I was reading. I stare at my D.D.D. hoping for one of the brothers to either call or text me since I didn't want to bother them if they were busy but the screen just stays dark. I let out a heavy sigh again. Life's been pretty quite since I've been staying here, true Luke's energetic self could be quite something to handle but still everyone here always seem to have something to do. Right now, Luke is away at Barb's learning yet another new recipe, bringing Solomon with him since he's somehow still wary of Barbatos.

"A lot on your mind?" I hear a voice speak from beside me. I turn to see Simeon sit down in the empty chair at the other side of the table, a soft smile on his lips.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," I shrug.

"Mid telling me what's troubling you? Oh and here, take this," He hands me a glass, "it's orange juice, I heard you liked them."

"Thanks Simeon," I took it from him and notice the glass inn his other hand filled with blue liquid. I'm guessing it's probably Paradise Blue, his favourite drink.

"So, what's the problem MC?"

"Oh, it's nothing really, I just miss the brothers that's all," I took a sip and sigh at how refreshing it tastes.

"Ah, I know how you feel, sometimes I'd find myself missing them too,"

"Really?" I glance at him but he's staring out and I follow his gaze. I watch the far away lights twinkling in the distance.

"Yeah, I just can't help it I guess when I remember those times in the Celestial Realm, before they've fallen, when we were all still brothers," I watch him as a sad look enter his eyes and I see him smile softly. He gave out a light chuckle and turn to look at me.

"You really loved them, didn't you?" I turn to watch the lights again and Simeon did the same.

"Yeah, and I still do I guess, we were brothers for a long time after all before they fell, especially Lucifer,"

"Do you wish that they'd never fallen? Or that they didn't start the war?" I ask feeling curious.

"Hmm, even if I did miss them I know that they did what they did for Lilith and though it might be wrong for me to say this, I don't blame them for starting the war for their little sister,"

"But Simeon... aren't you her brother too?" He gave out a fake laugh.

"Can I really consider myself her brother after not standing up and defending her? Lucifer was the brother I was closest too seeing as that we were both seraphs and I guess you could say I was a pretty busy angel and my ties with the younger siblings are loose especially with the twins and Lilith,"

"Did you... did you fight against them in the war?" I look at him but he kept his gaze forward. Something like pain and sadness enter his eyes and he kept silent for a while so I decided to just drop the subject seeing that he didn't seem to want to talk about it. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked,"