Chapter 38 (Leviathan's P.O.V)

When we actually got to it, it turns out that it wasn't really that hard to find her. Or maybe that was just Barbatos', Lucifer's and Diavolo's quick thinking. I doubt I would have been able to find her this quick, maybe I won't even be able to pinpoint the area she's in.

I throw a glance at the others as I shuffle my feet. Lucifer had insisted on us scanning the area and making sure there are no threats... actually, it's more of him making sure there is no one to warn those two incubi who seem to be the leaders of this whole thing. I don't think any demon could ever be much of a threat to those three.

But as more time pass, the more restless I felt. It's hard enough for me to keep my panic and guilt at bay after she disappeared but the longer she's not here... well, I can't help but worry and wonder what might be happening to her. And the burning feeling on my throat that I've been feeling since before leaving the castle does not help me to calm down.

At first I wanted to ignore it but it was becoming more annoying that I took a quick detour to the toilet to see. And I had to blink for a few times when I pulled down my collar to see what is on my throat. It wasn't until the others were yelling for me to hurry up that I realized I've been staring at my reflection for too long.

I rubbed my throat where the pact mark I made with MC is burning, please be safe. I glance again at the others, do they feel the same thing? "Uh guys-"

"Shut it Levi-"

"But-"

"You'll blow off our cover if you make too much noise," they shush him.

"Wait do you guys feel any burning feeling-"

"Shh! And no, we don't," well that's that then. Another glance at them and it's clear they're too busy to pay any attention to me. Maybe... maybe they won't notice if I slip away.

Deciding to just go with it, I slipped away from them and towards the house. Huh, sneaking in proved not to be that hard. Lol, this is easy. The only thing now is to find where she is in the house. Shit, I did not think it through this far.

I start walking around aimlessly as I contemplate my next move when the burning on my throat starts to burn hotter as I walk pass a passage. I stare at it for a few seconds and try to walk away and the burning lessens to how it is at the start. I go back to stand in front of it, the burning feeling gnawing at me. Does this mean she's near? Will the mark lead me to her? Deciding to go to hell with what might happen, I run straight down the passage, following the path that seems to make the mark burn hotter. I stop in front of a door where my throat feels like its burning so bad. I raise a hand to pull down my collar as I feel it start to feel choking me. She must be here, there's no way she's not here. I push open the door and... a slow clap greets me.

"Well done Leviathan, we've been expecting you. You surely took your time although... I was expecting you to come with your other brothers and the others," the golden one greets me from where he's sitting with a lazy smile as he continues to do his slow claps.

"You,"

"Yes, me, who else would it be?" He grins.

"Where is she?" He clicks his tongue in response.

"Straight to business are we? Not even going to wait for the others?" He shakes his head, "alright, we'll do it that way then." He made a gesture with his and for a second the room seems to look weird. I blink and the spell finishes it's job. The room turns out to be hidden with a spell and now with the spell being lifted, I could see that the chair I thought the incubus was sitting was actually the end of a bed and... there in the middle of the bed is MC. She seems to be asleep but I won't trust these two to think she's just asleep. Don't panic now Levi, you got this.