Chapter 5

I walked into the House of Lamentation and immediately found Beel and Mammon near the front door. They seemed to be talking but immediately stopped when they saw me.

"Oi MC! What's the big deal of making me wait huh?!" Mammon said as his way of greeting.

"Hello to you too Mammon and I told you that nobody asked you to wait for me," I quirked an eyebrow at him.

"I- I know that!" He said loudly before looking away. Beel just shakes his head at him but his attention immediately snaps to the bag I'm holding.

"What's that MC?" Beel sniffs the air and I knew he could already tell it was food.

"Oh this? I was just from Purgatory Hall and Luke was trying a new cake recipe, he gave me some leftovers," I told him and watched as his eyes widen a little as he sniffs again.

"It smells delicious... now I'm hungry." He put a hand on his stomach as it growled. He stared at it for a while before blinking and a look of guilt washed over his face.

"What's wrong Beel?" I asked.

"Nothing... it's just... can I have some? I mean it's yours..." He looks so sad and guilty that I felt bad and gave it to him.

"Here, you can take it," I smiled to reassure him. He blinked again.

"Really? You won't mind? It's your food after all," he seemed hesitant to take it.

"Yeah plus I've already ate it at Purgatory Hall, this is just some leftovers so help yourself," I grinned.

"Thanks MC," he nodded before beaming.

"Oi Beel you just ate," Mammon said but Beel ignores him. "Ehh now you're ignoring me! MC why did you just give it to him seriously," he shook his head.

"Let him be Mammon plus it's my cake, I can do whatever I want with it, " I say as I walk towards the kitchen to grab a drink. I noticed how Kegan kept silent the whole time and I turned around to make sure if he was even there. Of course he is with a slight frown on his face. Beel and Kegan followed me to the kitchen.

"Oi where do ya think you're going?" Mammon called out to us.

"To the kitchen to drink," I answered not sparring him another glance.

"Oi what's the big deal just leaving me here?!" He hurried to catch us.

"It's not like you had any plans with us right?" I asked him, trying to get him to admit the reason he called me back.

"Of course not but ya can't just leave me!"

"MC let's eat the cake together," Beel said with a nod and a smile.

"Oh okay sure Beel!" I glanced at Mammon and see him mumble something under his breath.

"Oi human!" Mammon interrupted.

"Yes? Anything you want to say Mammon?" I say feigning innocence. I him grumbling something.

"Well I guess ya don't have anyone asking ya to lunch so I guess I'll have to bring ya, not that I want to. I mean ya must be pretty weird to want to eat lunch with a human huh so ya should feel honored that you're going to have one with THE Great Mammon ," he added a nervous laugh. Beel, Kegan and me just stare at him because it was so obvious. Beel's stomach growled and he just shook his head before turning back to enter the kitchen.

"Just say you want to eat lunch with me Mammon and everything would be easier," I sighed before entering the kitchen.

"Oi I told ya I don't want to!" He tried to fight back. Kegan was looking at Mammon as if trying to determine how stupid he is.

"Sure sure so I guess you won't mind then if I say no? Oh of course you don't, it's not like you even want to in the first place right?" I tried to get him to admit it.

"N- no of course I won't," he fake laughed.

"Oh? Well then no thanks, I think I'd like to eat lunch with Beel," I glanced at Beel and he nodded understanding.

"I'll cook MC, we can eat with Belphie." Beel opened the container containing the cake and beamed.

"Great! Well that's settled then, oh Kegan you're welcome to join us," Kegan just tsked in reply.

"Oi! Ya should feel honored that I am going to spare my time for ya, why'd ya say no?" He looked like he was trying not to frown.

"But you said you don't want to? Are you saying you do want to eat lunch with me?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"N-no!" He tries to deny it and I sighed. If he was going to be a tsundere, he should at least make his denial a bit convincing.

"You know Mammon, you could just say yes and it would be easier for you," Beel said through a mouthful of cake.

"Oi I told ya no!" He huffs.

"Oh yeah Beel, you mentioned Belphie before, where is he? Is he still sleeping?" If Mammon was going to be in denial then I'll just ignore him.

"Oi human!" Mammon interjected.

"Oh, Belphie is still sleeping. Actually he woke up for a while and looked for you but when he herd you weren't here he decided to go back to sleep." Beel answered.

"Oi don't you two ignore me!" Once again, we ignore him.

"Oh? Where's he? I guess I'll go check up on him and wake him up for lunch," I hear Mammon cursing softly under his breath.

"He's up at the attic," Beel informed me and I thank him before standing up to head to the attic. Before I even manage to reach the door, Mammon was already in front of me, frowning and blocking my way.

"Yes, Mammon?" I crossed my arms and look at him. He was 6 inches taller than me so I have to look up at him.

"F- fine, have lunch with me," He look away trying to hide the blush on his cheeks.

"Hm I don't know, what's the magic word?" He was hesitant to answer but finally grumbled and answered.

"Please," his blush deepen and he press his lips into a thin line. "Please have lunch with me," he added quietly. I can't help but chuckle every time he gets flustered.

"Okay I guess, sorry Beel guess we'd have to eat lunch together another time. Oh and tell Belphie that I'll talk to him later okay?" I shrugged.

"It's okay MC and I'll tell Belphie that," he said with a smile.

"Okay enjoy your ca-" I stopped short when I noticed that it was already finished. "Oh well, was it good?"

"It was delicious," Beel beamed.

"Alright I'll tell Luke that," I laughed. Beel nodded.

"Oi human hurry up!" I didn't even notice that Mammon had left the kitchen.

"Alright alright geez," I hurried to catch up to him, Kegan behind me silently following. "So where are we going?" I asked him as we exited the house.

"It's a secret," he smiled proudly.

"Geez fine but since you keep insisting on taking me out then you're paying," I say with a smirk.

"Wha- oi that's not fair!" He objected.

"It is your idea, how can it not be fair?" I ask him.

"Ya better be grateful that Great Mammon is a kind person!" I just hummed in response.

"C'mon let's go then!" I hooked my arm through his and his face immediately burned red.

"Oi what's the big idea doing that all of a sudden?" I made to let go of him but he immediately held my hand keeping it in place.

A/N: lol okay so I finally caught up with the lessons till the part where MC returns to the human world so I'll just make this story's timeline during that time skip in lesson 19.