Chapter 35 (Kegan's P.O.V)

The sound of splashing water caught my attention. I whirled around and carefully made my way towards the sound. I never reached this part of the woods before. The big sparkling lake in front of me was nothing short of mesmerizing.

I walk towards the lake, all while keeping my senses alert in case there is someone. Not that I'm worried about being in danger, this is Celestial Realm after all, what danger could there be? I glance down at my reflection and frown, no one seems to be here. Did I imagined the sound? Was it just an animal? I was about to walk away when a sudden voice from behind me interrupted my train of thoughts.

"Hello." I let out a surprised yelp and turned around too fast, lose my balance and fell backwards into the lake. "Oh, did I surprise you?"

I wipe the water that splashed into my eyes away and look up at the young girl looking down at me, leaning forwards with her hands on her knees. She looks to be around my age.

"You caught me off guard," I grumble as I eye her. I have never seen her before, what's a little girl doing in the woods? Moreover, judging from the clothes she's wearing, I could tell she's one of the higher ranked angels.

"I'm sorry, here, let me help you," she stretch out her hands to offer them to me. I stretch out my hand to take hers but suddenly she seems to get further away from me and I couldn't reach her.

Suddenly, I'm in the sky, wings flapping behind me, keeping me afloat. My hand still outstretched towards where she is, so near yet so far away. She's a young woman now but I could tell it's her.

Wait!" I yelled and tried to fly towards her as fast as I can. "NO!" The scream that ripped through my throat is something one wouldn't usually expect from an angel but I didn't care as I watch in horror and dread a spear found her and sliced straight to her stomach. Her mouth widen and she coughs up blood before looking down in horror at the spear. "No no no!" I tried to reach her, the one outstretched hand she put out as she starts to fall. She was so near, so so near, and yet so far. Another scream ripped through me as she falls faster and I had no way to reach for her.

I sit up as I gasp for air. One of my hands is outstretched. That dream, I've been having them ever since entering the secret room at the House of Lamentation. This is something that I am not happy about, after all why would I want to relive that memory again and again? I let out a shaky breath as I rub my face and try to calm myself down. I had nightmares of that dream, that memory all those years ago after the Celestial War, or really it's just the part where I'm flying and watch the spear go through her.

I remember the memories, the moment all too well. Ever since going into that room, I've been having dreams of my old memories with her. This, however, is the first time I have one about our first meeting and this too is the first time two memories get mixed. Of course I knew who she was, or rather the parts of her that she shows me. We've played together a lot of times while growing up but we never really talk much about our personal lives. I suppose that part is my fault.

All of our past memories are still fresh in my mind, it's as if everything just happened yesterday. But this dream, this memory, there's something wrong about it. I remember my first encounter with her. And I also remember that I never tried to take her offer to help me and just ignored her hand. Looking back, I regret it, of course I do. Maybe I should've took her hand back then, maybe things would be different if I did.

A small sound from beside me pulled me out of my thoughts and it took me a second to realize it. I'm not in my room, or really the room I'm staying at while here at this castle. I scan the room, my guard up as I try to ignore the growing panic inside me. This room seems familiar, where have I seen it before.