Chapter 16

I crack open my eyes and look around trying to figure out where I am in the dark when I remember that I was in my room at the House of Lamentation. I sigh and and reached for my D.D.D. I look at the time and saw that it was 3 a.m. Everyone must be sleeping right now. I didn't realized that I had fallen asleep and had been on edge ever since Solomon left yesterday evening, worried if Kegan would actually show up but he never did. Is this Lucifer's doing? Or Solomon's? Either way, I'm glad to be able to stay with the brothers again even if it's just for the weekend. Suddenly my throat felt really dry and I got up to have a glass of water.

I rub at my eyes and sleepily head over to the kitchen. I notice the light shining from under the door as I approach it. Someone's in here? It's probably just Beel getting hungry in the middle of the night, I thought to myself which won't actually be that surprising. I push open the door and is immediately greeted with a surprised yelp. It wasn't Beelzebub.

"Levi? What are you doing here at this time?" I watch him in surprise, I wasn't expecting him to be here and the surprise cleared away any lingering sleepiness I have.

"M- MC! I- I could ask you the same thing, what are you doing here?" Levi cleared his throat.

"I woke up and felt thirsty so I decided to get a glass of water,"

"Oh- oh right, of course,"

"What about you? Why are you here? It's not like you to be out and around at this hour," I squint at him suspiciously.

"Oh I- I just finished watching an anime so uh you know what? I think I'll get going now, see you in the morning MC." He tries to leave but I immediately block the door.

"You're acting very suspiciously Leviathan,"

"W- what do you mean? I'm not suspicious at all! It's just me," he let out a nervous laugh, "you know MC, I'm very sleepy so I think I'll go to bed now," he muster up a fake yawn and tried to get past me but I block him again.

"Are you hiding something Leviathan?"

"W- what? No, of course not! What do I have to hide?"

"Are you sure it's nothing?"

"Y- yes!"

"Well, whatever, in that case, how about you stay here and chat with me for a while?"

"But-"

"That yawn you did wasn't convincing at all Levi,"

"Alright alright fine." Satisfied with his answer, I step past him and walk over to take a glass. "Say, MC, why exactly did you wake up?" Out of the corner of my eye, I see him lean against the counter with his hands crossed over his chest.

"Hmm now that you mention it, I'm not exactly sure, I just did," I chug the water down and immediately rinse the glass.

"Are you going to sleep again after this?"

"Why? Have something planned in mind?" He blush a bit at that.

"Nothing like that, I was just curious." I look him over and watch him. He's not wearing his usual everyday clothes, instead he's wearing a simple black and green tee with shorts. I never really saw him much at night and even if I do, he's usually still wearing his day clothes, I guess this is what he wears to sleep and speaking of which, he also rarely wear anything that shows much skin so this is the most I've ever seen him show. I notice that his hair was a bit damp and was swept aside a little. "What? W- why are you staring at me like that?"

"Nothing, did you just take a bath?"

"Yeah, how did you..?"

"Your hair is still a bit damp so I figured you must have just taken a bath. Really Levi? A bath near 3 a.m in the morning?"