Chapter 19

It's been two weeks now since the last time I get to pay a visit to the House of Lamentation due to a busy schedule and Kegan being a somewhat strict over-protective father. At least he apologized for being rude but I still rather stay with the brothers.

"MC! I wasn't expecting to find you at the school library," I look up to see Satan approaching the table I was sitting at alone, studying.

"Hey Satan, here for some studying?"

"Yeah, by the way have you heard yet?"

"What?" I look at him questioningly as he pulls out the chair in front of me.

"Oh I suppose you haven't then, didn't you meet any of my brothers, Barbatos or Diavolo today?"

"No? What is it?" I'm intrigued now.

"Lucifer told Mammon to inform you but knowing him, he probably forgotten," Satan sighs, "where's Kegan? He's usually around you,"

"He's in class right now. Get to the point Satan, stop beating around the bush,"

"Well, there's a student council meeting after school today,"

"And? What does that has to do with me?"

"Lord Diavolo asked you to join and I guess bring Kegan with you," this piqued my curiosity.

"Me? Why?"

"Not sure, by the looks of it I guess Diavolo has an announcement to make?"

"Why not make the announcement during assembly?"

"How am I supposed to know MC?" He sighs. Right then, we hear the school bell rang as a sign that it's time for the next class. "Do you have any classes right now MC?"

"Yeah, what about you?" I ask him as I pack my things.

"Nope, that was my last class for today," he answers as he leans back in his chair.

"Lucky you,"

"Cheer up, this is the last class for the day,"

"Only you would be happy to study Satan,"

"Don't I look happy not to have classes right now?"

"Shut up,"

"You better run off to class MC or you'll be late,"

"Yeah yeah whatever, see you later at the meeting then,"

"Sure, enjoy your classes." He waves at me before opening his book and starting his work. I open the library door and step out into the hallway which is bustling with students either going back home after finishing their classes or walking towards their next class.

My next class is located at the top floor so I squeeze my way through the sea of students, checking my watch now and then to make sure I'm not late because the teacher is a very strict one. When I'm near the classroom, I see Kegan leaning against the wall waiting for me. We share this class together and he looks up at the sound of my footsteps as I approach him.

"Hey, were you waiting for me?"

"Yeah, let's go." We walk in and thankfully the teacher isn't there yet.

I stretch out my body as the final bell for the day rings. I was getting sleepy and heaven help me if I fall asleep. "Finally that's over," I yawn.

"Come on let's go back," Kegan was already done packing up his stuff and ready to leave.

"Oh yeah I almost forgot but there's a student council meeting after school,"

"So what? This doesn't concern me and you're not even a member of the student council now get up and let's go, I don't want to waste anymore time at this demon school,"