Chapter 21 (Kegan's P.O.V)

I eye the three of them warily, not wanting to drop my guard even once.

"Have a seat Kegan," the demon prince gestures towards a chair.

"Thanks but I'm fine," let's just get this over with.

"We wanted to talk about MC," Lucifer paused, "and you too, I suppose,"

"What is it you want to talk about?"

"About what happened to the two of you earlier, Barbatos? The students' data please,"

"Right here my lord," Barbatos hands the prince a large faded green book. I stare at him in surprise, he never managed to get out of the room to take it before MC stopped him, how did the book got there? It's impossible to say that it had been there the whole time, a book that big isn't really easy to hide.

"How did you- no never mind," I stop myself from asking, it's not like they'd explain anyway.

"Can you tell us what happen?" Lucifer ask but it's obvious that this is not a question I can say no to.

"Why not tell MC to stay and ask her too?" I look at them.

"You saw how MC finds this topic unnecessary to be talked about so we thought we should start by asking you first," when did they even plan all of this?

"Well after our class ended, I told MC to wait for me while I go to the bathroom before going to this meeting. I got out and there were suddenly two female demons waiting outside, blocking me from going anywhere. They tried to distract me and it took a while before I manage to get rid off them and when I went back, MC was already there against the wall cornered by two male demons. One of them was blocking me from seeing MC clearly but I'm pretty sure they were holding MC's face," Lucifer seems to clench his teeth at that.

"Can you remember how they look like?" Diavolo questions me.

"Yeah they-" I paused when the memory suddenly turned hazy and blurry, "wait what..." I try to focus myself and think hard about it trying to remember them but I can't seem recall any of their physical appearance. "I'm... sorry but I can't seem to remember it. That's weird, I was pretty sure I could... I remember everything that happen clearly but when I try to remember their face it just... gets blurry." I frown at the floor.

"Young Master?"

"No, he's telling the truth," Diavolo looks at me scrutinizingly.

"Do you think he got cursed Diavolo?" Lucifer looks at him for confirmation.

"It is possible, yes," Diavolo nods. I've been here for only a short time but even I have to admit it's rare to see the demon prince look so serious compared to his usual bubbly self.

"One of them must have cursed me, see this is why I don't trust you demons,"

"It seems like even after being here for almost a month you still don't trust us, isn't that a bit prejudiced Kegan?" Diavolo asks me.

"I don't care if you're royalty, demons like you don't deserve my trust." I see Lucifer glare at me and he seem to be ready to take out his demon form for the way I talked to the prince. Even Barbatos too, the ever cool and calm butler who seems to rarely give much expression.

"You wound me Kegan, I actually quite trust you," Diavolo smiles.

"I'm not taking your word that easily, demon prince, nor would it change my mind,"

"You really won't call me by my name, will you? Might I ask why?"

"Why should I?"

"I think it is rather polite for one to call someone by their name,"

"Didn't know you demons even know such things like politeness exists,"

"Kegan, that's-" Lucifer warns me but Diavolo raise his hand, stopping him.

"It's okay Lucifer," Diavolo turns his attention back to me again, "you see Kegan, Lucifer here is quite the protective one, Barbatos too, I'd be careful if I were you," he smiles.

"Of course they are, aren't they your loyal lapdogs after all?"

"Kegan!" Lucifer stands up but Diavolo put a hand on his shoulder stopping him.

"Is that what you see, Kegan? That they are my lapdogs? I actually see them as my closest friends,"

"I don't think friends would control each other, a bit manipulative don't you think, your Highness? Or is that just how it's been all your life, controlling everyone under you?" I dared to say back, fully conscious of the very thin line I'm playing with.

"Kegan, that is enough!" Lucifer slams his hand on the table.

"Lucifer, you're patience is quite short today, it seems, " Diavolo commented.

"But Diavolo-"

"I told you it was fine, don't leash out now," Diavolo lets out a light laugh. I can't help but watch the demon prince closely. True it's rare enough to see the demon prince as serious and most days his cheerfulness is enough to sometimes forget he is a demon but this side of him, the smiles that seems off, the way it makes every inch of my body put a guard up at it's highest, is very unsettling and shows the actual demon prince he is.

"Are we done here? I don't want to let MC alone any longer with six demons at the house,"

"It does seem that we're done," Diavolo nods, "Barbatos, did we leave anything out?"

"No, I don't think so, my lord. That was everything,"

"What about you Lucifer? Anything else you want to add?" Lucifer watch me for a while before shaking his head.

"I have nothing more to say,"

"Well, looks like you're free to go now Kegan," Diavolo smiles at me. I didn't bother with farewells and walk towards the door. "Not even a good bye? I'm hurt,"

"Is there a point? I'd still see you guys no matter how much I hate it,"

"But Kegan?"

"What?" I stop, my hand wrapped around the door knob but I don't turn around.

"Just know that we would never hurt MC," the demon prince calls out.

"Swear it, swear you'd never hurt her," I grip the doorknob.

"Look at how much you don't trust us, very well, I swear that I would never cause any harm to MC,"

"Your word alone, princeling, is unconvincing but," I turn around to look at him in the eye, "I'll take it for now,"

"Have a safe trip back to the house. Oh, what about you Lucifer? Aren't you going back too?" Diavolo turns to look at Lucifer.

"Later, I still have some work to do," Lucifer stares at me with his arms crossed.

"As hardworking as always, I admire you for that Lucifer,"

"Perhaps you too should start working harder on your mountain of paper works, my lord," Barbatos reminds him with a smile. I blink at him, was that a threat?

"Of- of course I will Barbatos! But the party is next week and we have a lot of preparations to do so I guess I'll have to pus aside those works for now, right?"

"Very well, my lord. I hope you don't ignore them after this," that sounds like a threat.

"Diavolo the more you ignore your work, the more there is to be finished," Lucifer sighs.

"And that's why I have you Lucifer!" Diavolo beams.

"Don't drag me into your piled up works that you ignored, I have enough on my own." Not wanting to spend anymore time there, I walk out of the student council room.

A/N: this was kinda short but it was meant to be short so forgive me