Chapter 38 (Kegan's P.O.V)

"What do you mean she's gone?" I stand up in my seat, anger burning inside me. MC can't be gone, is this some joke?

"Barbatos, explain." Lucifer shares a look with the demon prince before the two of them nod in understanding of whatever silent conversation they had.

We listen to him as he explained how he had went to MC's room to call her down to breakfast but received no answer after a few knocks. She was nowhere to be found when he opened her door and a search around the castle has proved that there is no sign of her anywhere, though he has no idea how the butler had managed to make a whole round of the castle in such a short time.

The world seem to spin around me, I already have a headache from accidentally drinking that glass of demonus last night and this is only adding to it. MC can't be gone, she can't- If she's gone then that means... he has failed as her guardian angel. He had sworn to protect her, she can't be gone. She can't just be taken away from him, she's- He's her angel and that means she is his human.

"Which one of you was it?" I glare at the 9 demons in front of me and all of them turn to me, looking taken aback.

"Excuse me? Are you accusing us of kidnapping MC? Us?" The fifth brother, Asmodeus stare at me in disbelief. I've heard of the rumors people say about staring into his eyes but I never paid much attention to it. But now, with his gaze burning into me as he stare at me in a mix of disbelief and anger, I finally understand what they meant.

"I didn't want to trust any of you demons when I first came here and I was right, nothing good ever comes out of trusting you. No, I didn't even trust you and I never will but MC did and see wh-"

"Your argument here doesn't even make a single sense. As you can see for yourself, all of us are surprised to know MC is gone and here you are throwing accusations at us," the Avatar of Wrath glares at me as he states it. And he's right, he does have a point. I've seen by now how much they care for her but I can't- They are demons, it's in their nature to be evil and hurt people, lie and stab you in the back. I'm an angel, I can't just trust them in this-

"Why are you so quick to throw accusations Kegan? Sounds like someone guilty to me," the youngest drawls out as his gaze burn into me.

"Are you saying I'm the one responsible for this?" I stare back at the Avatar of Sloth.

"You gave us more than enough proof that you don't trust us but who said we trust you? You're a stranger here Kegan, even more than Luke, Simeon, Solomon and MC," he answers.

"I'm-"

"What? An angel? So you think we have to trust you just because you're an angel? We might be demons now but the six of us were angels once too, don't think we don't know anything about angels," he sneered. It didn't escape my notice that Belphegor said only six but I did know that Satan has always been a demon though he wasn't really sure how he came into existence and how he joined the brothers. Satan doesn't look a single bit offended by that but who knows if it's just a mask.

"I know you were once angels, I'm not stupid," I glare at him.

"And yet you're blaming us for MC disappearing even though all of us are here having breakfast? Seems pretty stupid to me," he drawls out. The most I've seen of the youngest brother is him sleeping, has he always been like this? Still, I can't deny that there is truth to his words. But I need to blame this on someone, I can't just sit here while MC is... somewhere else.

"That's enough Belphie, you and Kegan fighting won't help us," the oldest brother finally steps in.

"Barbatos, was there any signs of break-in in her room?" The demon prince change our focus back to the topic at hand.