Chapter 29

(Kegan's P.O.V)

For a while, it was just silence between us. I didn't really get the chance to talk to her when they got home and now, remembering what I told her over the phone, everything feels awkward. Great job Kegan.

"So," she clears her throat, "are you nervous?" I stare at her for a while.

"Not really, are you?"

"Yeah, the whole thing feels embarrassing you know?" She rubs her neck. I avert my gaze towards the door. I need to stop staring at her but she looks so beautiful, how am I supposed to not stare at her?

"I'm sure you'd be fine. You are the one who was so excited in the first place after all, no use getting cold feet now,"

"That was before I knew that we'd get announced!"

"Does it make much change?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

"W-well no, it's just embarrassing okay? Everyone would be looking at us, I don't really like it when people are watching," I notice the slight blush on her cheeks. God, she's beautiful.

"You're already attracting everyone's attention since the first day you came here, it's not everyday a human comes to stay here and not to mention, she lives with 7 of the most powerful demons in the Devildom. Yet, she doesn't even have any magical powers, just a normal human, which demon wouldn't be interested in you?"

"Are you Kegan?" She squints at me.

"What? Why are you even asking? Of course I'm Kegan, why wouldn't I be?"

"You're acting weird," she cross her arms. From outside, we could hear the sound of a microphone.

"And what exactly do you mean by 'weird'?"

"You're being awfully calm about the whole thing and you don't seem bothered by this whole party thing anymore. Are you sure you're the real Kegan?"

"Yes MC, I am," I let out a light laugh. She stares at me in surprise. "What is it now?"

"You... you laughed,"

"And? Am I not allowed to?"

"You never really laugh before, not even a single smile,"

"It's not like I can't, right?" I smile at her.

"You're creeping me out Kegan,"

"What?"

"Earlier on the phone you chuckled, then you're being calm about this whole demon thing. The next thing I know is that you're laughing and now you're smiling? Seriously, what's up with you?"

"I told you that I want you to enjoy today, so I'm trying my best here to be nice so I don't ruin your mood. Look I'm really sorry about yesterday and earlier when I yelled at you and this is me trying to make up for it. If it really creeps you out, then I'll stop and go back to my usual self."

"Wait no! Don't! I uh appreciate it, thanks," she looks up and smiles.

"Sure," God, this girl might as well be the death of me.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to tonight's masquerade party. His royal highness, Prince Diavolo thanks all of you for attending," we hear an applause from the guests after Barbatos's short speech. "We would like you to welcome tonight's guests of honor, MC and Kegan."

"Are you ready?" I offer her my arm. She takes a deep breath.

"Let's do this." She puts her hand through mine and together we open the door. The applause that the crowd gave us matches my thundering heartbeat. If even a simple touch from her made me this way, how am I supposed to go through this? We walk towards where the demon prince, Lucifer and his brothers are standing. Asmodeus is waving at MC and she waves back shyly. I could feel a lot of eyes staring at us. No, not us, her. Can I really blame them when she looks this beautiful?