Chapter 30

*this one will be slightly mature so if you don't want to read it you are free to skip

"Um who are you?"

"May I have this next dance, my lady?" His silvery voice asks.

"Uh actually-" I crane my neck to look around if I can spot Asmo.

"Do you already have a partner?" I try to pull away from him but he tighten his grip.

"Yeah but he um," Asmo where are you?

"The music is starting, guess I'll steal you for a while then. It's your partner's fault for leaving a beautiful lady like you alone, do you mind?" I try to look for an excuse but seeing that there is none, I had no choice but to agree. He smiles and leads the dance.

This man, no demon, is a surprisingly good dancer. His movement are fluent and it feels almost like we are dancing on this air. He is clad in a all white suit, a white neck tie and a white rose in his breast pocket. His mask is a plain white one.

"You asked for my name, didn't you?" He asks out of the blue.

"Oh uh yeah,"

"My name is Aeron," he flash me a smile. Even with a mask covering his face, it somehow makes him look even more handsome.

"Oh I'm MC-"

"I know that, who wouldn't? The human world exchange student, you even got announced earlier, how can I not?"

"Oh, right." I watch his face as he spins us around. The salt and pepper hair and the silver eyes. The silvery voice. Something feels familiar about him but I can't remember what.

"What seems to be the problem, my lady? You look quite distracted, am I boring you? Is that it?"

"No no it's nothing like that, you're an amazing dancer," I shake my head.

"Is that so? I'm flattered. Then what seems to be distracting you? Is it your partner? I have to admit it was quite cruel of him to leave such a beautiful lady as yourself alone in the middle of the dance floor,"

"No, that's not it,"

"Then? Would you mind telling me? Seeing as I'm your partner right now, I can't help but feel concerned seeing you look so distracted,"

"Do I? I'm sorry, it wasn't your fault,"

"Then tell me, my lady. I hate to see such a beautiful lady like you looking so worried,"

"It's just, you look familiar. Have we met before? I can't seem to remember,"

"Really?" An amused twinkle enters his eyes. "So you really don't remember me then?" He twirls me around.

"Wait what? Did we actually met before?"

"So you're immune to our charms but it seems like you're vulnerable when it comes to spells and curses," he grins.

"What are you-" Realization hit me and everything comes rushing back to me. "You. It's you, you're that demon that cornered me that day!"

"I lifted the curse for now, it doesn't seem fun that I'm the only one that remembers our little moment," he smiles.

"I hardly call that a moment, let go of me," I try to push him away but he just pulls me closer to him and tightens his grip.

"Oh I don't think so, we weren't done playing with you that day and what better opportunity than this party? I'll have to give my thanks to Lord Diavolo for hosting this party and giving us the chance to play with you,"